Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stoping & starting the cron
Operating Systems SCO Stoping & starting the cron Post 302116403 by jgt on Thursday 3rd of May 2007 05:27:32 PM
Old 05-03-2007
Questions

By login locally do you mean at the system console, or at a Windows pc using telnet on the same tcp subnet as the server.
If you are at the console, is tcp running?
Is the system in multi-user mode (can you log on at the console if you press <ctrl><alt><f3>) ?
Have you run out of disk space in the root file system?
Have you run 'authck -a' to test system integrity?
What release of OpenServer are using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer problem & CRON Manager

I have a SCO OpenServer 5 running on a cosmetics store with two branches. I have a serial printer on one branch connected via a router with my server on a digiboard. The printer model is Brother M-4318 running as model epson. The point is that whenever I reboot the server it loses it's settings... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
2 Replies

2. SCO

Stoping & starting the cron daemon

Hi We are running SCO ver 5. Recently the cron daemon stopped running on its own. How do I find out why? How do I restart/stop it? I typed cron but it didn't work. Will rebooting it do the trick or can I manually start and stop the cron daemon? Please help. Thanks & Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: othman
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script & cron

Hi everybody! I'm struggling against a script that won' t work right in a cron job this is my script: cat serverlist | while read arg do if then echo "$arg" ping -c 4 $arg >> /dev/null if then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deppy82
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting & Stop print services in Unix

Hi There Kindly inform me on how to start and stop the print services in Unix from the command line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
2 Replies

5. Linux

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type & cron

Running as cron, I get error msg in mail: KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type, even though the ftp does work. Can anyone explain this? Is there a way to stop it? cron: 35 6 * * 1-5 ./PSS/pss.sh >> ./PSS/pss.log script pss.sh: #!/usr/bin/ksh DIR=/home/informix/PSS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejaggers
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to add node to the cluster with stoping the application?

In the production hacmp 5.3 is running with three nodes but i want to add new node to cluster with out stopping the application ie with same resource group if any bady know pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath.m
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating delimiter file & append with cron

I have the following script working fine, and need to generate a file delimiter (with tab or special character) for Excel data import. The script will run every hour in crontab to append the new rows to the delimiter, so that I can collect the data for i.e. a week, which will give me a lot of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop child script by stoping parent script

Hi everyone, I have this problem with a script I'm writting. I want to execute a code running in the background several times through a script. I am writting it like that parent_script for a in 1 2 3 4 5 do exec test -n $a done What I want to do is when parent_script is killed,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geovas
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smb & nmb not starting at boot - CentOS7

I would like the smb and nmb to start on boot. In the terminal (as root) I did: /sbin/chkconfig smb --addor chkconfig --add sambaor chkconfig --add /sbin/smbdresault is message like below : error reading information on service smb: No such file or directory Please use CODE tags as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: momed131
2 Replies
sysmsg(7D)							      Devices								sysmsg(7D)

NAME
sysmsg - system message routing to console devices SYNOPSIS
/dev/sysmsg DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/sysmsg routes output to a variable set of console devices. Writes to /dev/sysmsg are always directed to the system console /dev/console, and are in addition directed to a set of auxiliary console devices managed by consadm(1M). Only root has permission to write to this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
consadm(1M), syslogd(1M) , attributes(5), console(7D) SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 sysmsg(7D)