Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with while loop and SQL Post 302116284 by credit85 on Wednesday 2nd of May 2007 08:39:30 PM
Old 05-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
Get rid of the parenthesis and $ around "line"
Code:
while read line

hi,

i tried...its doesn't work as well...

==========================================================
{$DCITS_SQL << EOF
set head off
select a.FIN,a.STAFF_NAME_X,b.FIN,b.DEPT_C from ci_5day_staff a, ci_cits_consol_dtls b where a.FIN=b.FIN;
exit
EOF} | while read line

do
if [ "$line" ]#check if line is not null
then
#if line not null, parse the line into words/variables
set $line #set the line to positional variables, in this case is $1 and $2
fin ="$1" #staff fin number
name="$2" #name of staff
gway="$3"
echo "$fin,$name,$gway" >> $final
fi
done
==========================================================

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix-Sql Loop error

Hi, I am getting the error "No matching <<", when i run the below. Is it that we can't execute SQL in a Unix loop. I am executing a SQL in a loop. Is it the EOF is written wrongly. . /opt/app/wlsconfigv61/domains/profiles/oracleV901.profile export DBUSER=ecdb01 set -A DBINSTANCE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manu_byc
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help shell script to loop through files update ctl file to be sql loaded

I am currently trying to find a way to loop through files in a given directory and for each file modify a ctl file and sql load it. I have been using the sed command to change the infile, badfile parameters of the control file. I have not yet tried to sql load it. Requirement: files are ftp to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_nh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call shell script from pl/sql loop

Hello, I am doing a shell script which contain a pl/sql loop to search for 3 values, i would like to call another shell script inside this sql loop each time it find the values. so how can i call shell script from pl/sql using its variables, any idea? Here is idea about the code: my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql in a linux loop

Hi i want to run a query in loop(unix loop) every 2 hours and spool the result to a file. i am trying but getting error here is the script $ while true do sqlplus ank/ank<<! spool ank.lst select * from v$database; exit sleep 7200 done :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass a variable to an update sql statement inside a loop

hi all, i am experiencing an error which i think an incorrect syntax for the where clause passing a variable was given. under is my code. sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${SID} << END1 >> $LOGFILE whenever sqlerror exit set serveroutput on size 1000000 declare l_rc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling n number of SQL files in loop

Trying to compile all SQL files using a shell script. But the below code is not working. Below Code works fine when for loop is not there(commenting line no: 1,2 and 9). 1. sq_lfile=`ls *.sql` 2. for current_sql_file in $sql_file 3. do 4. sqlplus uname/pass@Service>>SQLLOG << -ENDOFSQL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in a loop with single sqlplus connection

Hi, I'm trying to build a shell script that reads a set of accounts from a file. For each account I need to perform a set of sql queries. So I have a loop with a set of sqlplus connections to retrieved my data. Is it possible to have a single sqlplus connection before entering the loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantacana
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/SQL loop to spool files!!

I want to spool files from unix using a sql script that would take values from another sql query within the KSH script.. unix loop select order_date from date_tbl for each order_Date i need to call this spool script with the value sqlplus scott/tiger@order_db @/ordspool/order_date.sql... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr23
2 Replies

9. Programming

SQL not working in a for loop

Need help. Any reason why the update is not working in this sql: #!/bin/ksh #setup your environment . /opt/lnpsite/nm00/scripts/setup_env nm00 for tn in `cat /home/cpac/Resync/sv_tn.list` do `sqlplus -s ${DB_USERID} << EOF SET ECHO OFF NEWP 0 SPA 0 PAGES 0 FEED OFF HEAD OFF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use for loop to execute multiple .sql files while using SQLPLUS for db connection.?

Hello , Im calling every single file inside my script like 1.sql,2.sql so on it looks so tedious. I want to replace with for loop where every file gets executed. When i use for loop im getting errorUnexpected EOF] , can anyone please help me out in this.. How i can use for loop to invoke my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
6 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class - Create a SQL::Translator schema from a DBIx::Class::Schema instance SYNOPSIS
## Via DBIx::Class use MyApp::Schema; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite:something.db"); $schema->create_ddl_dir(); ## or $schema->deploy(); ## Standalone use MyApp::Schema; use SQL::Translator; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect; my $trans = SQL::Translator->new ( parser => 'SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class', parser_args => { package => $schema, add_fk_index => 0, sources => [qw/ Artist CD /], }, producer => 'SQLite', ) or die SQL::Translator->error; my $out = $trans->translate() or die $trans->error; DESCRIPTION
This class requires SQL::Translator installed to work. "SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class" reads a DBIx::Class schema, interrogates the columns, and stuffs it all in an $sqlt_schema object. Its primary use is in deploying database layouts described as a set of DBIx::Class classes, to a database. To do this, see "deploy" in DBIx::Class::Schema. This can also be achieved by having DBIx::Class export the schema as a set of SQL files ready for import into your database, or passed to other machines that need to have your application installed but don't have SQL::Translator installed. To do this see "create_ddl_dir" in DBIx::Class::Schema. PARSER OPTIONS
add_fk_index Create an index for each foreign key. Enabled by default, as having indexed foreign key columns is normally the sensible thing to do. sources Arguments: @class_names Limit the amount of parsed sources by supplying an explicit list of source names. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, DBIx::Class::Schema AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3)