Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: weird domain issue.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users weird domain issue. Post 302116182 by sysgate on Wednesday 2nd of May 2007 08:32:36 AM
Old 05-02-2007
I guess you're using Plesk to manage the hosts, and it seems that you are using ProFTPD. Take a look at "/usr/local/psa/ftpd/etc/proftpd.conf" file, disable the DNS options by adding this :
Quote:
IdentLookups off
UseReverseDNS off
, also these should be present :
Quote:
ServerName "ProFTPD"
#ServerType standalone
ServerType inetd
DefaultServer on
My guess is that someone added (accidentally ?)"capu.biz" as your vhost, and ftp server cannot bind an IP address to it.
However, your situation seems very specific, I'd suggest asking your hosting provider for more info.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird SSH issue

hey all, I guess I'm the newbie on these boards, anyways, hello. I recently became the admin for a few Solaris machines, and I have recently discovered an issue with SSH on one of my machines. On one of my machines, I can only SSH into the machine as root. I have tried the newest version... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKM
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird Awk issue

Hi All, a bit of a weird one here. I'm trying to pass a variable into an awk command, and I keep getting an error. I have the line nawk -F"," -v red=$random_variable '{print $red}' $w_dir/$file_name > $w_dir/${column_name} that keeps failing with the error nawk: can't open file {print... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
17 Replies

3. HP-UX

Weird Issue with crontab.

Hello all, Normally I'm pretty comfortable with crontab, changing and updating (done it many-a-time). But in the last two days I've been pulling my hair out over the following... Details of OS: HP-UX mdirect B.11.23 U ia64 2587410573 unlimited-user license Issue: Execute a script (very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird issue about h, g, x in SED

I have a file called merge2.t: Hi Hello how are you. </Endtag> <New> I am fine.</New> This is a test. freelong how Here is the SED: sed -n ' /<\/Endtag>/ !{ H } /<\/Endtag>/ { x p } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report filtering - Weird issue and interesting - UrgentPlease

Hi, Could any one help me to extract data from a report. I would like to get the two lines which are just below the separations I have a report like this -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pid Command Inuse Pin Pgsp Virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird SUID issue

Hi, I am setting up SUID permissions on a binary. It gets set for most of the users, however, 1 in 10 users is unable to set these. For those who works: > chmod 6555 Test > ls -l Test -r-sr-sr-x 1 A B 5524 Nov 15 14:53 Test For those where it doesn't work: > chmod 6555 Test... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
14 Replies

7. AIX

Weird nfs issue after TL upgrade

We recently upgraded 2 of our AIX 6.1 servers from TL4 to TL5. Both servers are on the same p7 780 frame, installed at the same time from the same image. Both servers are mounting the same nfs share after reboot what worked perfectly fine until the upgrade. Since the patching, one of the two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird equal variable issue

I run this #!/bin/bash cron=$(ps aux | grep crond | grep -v grep | grep -o crond| uniq) echo "cron :$cron:" if ; then echo "OK: crond service running fine on `hostname`" exit 2 else echo "CRITICAL: crond service not running on `hostname`" exit 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird issue in converting XLSX to TXT

Hi Guys, I have used Perl scripting to convert XLSX file to TXT file using Perl module Spreadsheet::XLSX. I processed one XLSX file having one column and 65k rows of data . Strangely ,It is merging data for every 2047 row and I could see data in TXT file as Ex: Suppose in XLSX file ,if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajk459
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Weird issue - *ksh script not recognized when being called

HI Team - I'm running into a weird issue when trying to call a .ksh script. In my shell script, I'm using the following command to call my environment file: cd /hypbin/test ./_env.ksh But it's saying not found. Permissions are set correctly, shebang is set but I'm unsure why it's not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
5 Replies
ftpwho(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ftpwho(1)

NAME
ftpwho - show current process information for each FTP session SYNOPSIS
ftpwho DESCRIPTION
The ftpwho command shows process information for all active proftpd connections, and a count of all connected users off of each server. Proftpd sesssions spawned from inetd are counted separately from those created by a master proftpd standalone server. OPTIONS
-h,--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. -f,--file scoreboard-file Specify the full path to proftpd's run-time scoreboard file (configured via the ScoreboardFile directive in proftpd.conf ). If proftpd's default directory has been changed via this directive, ftpwho must either be recompiled, or this option must be used in order to find proftpd's scoreboard. -o,--outform format Specify an output format. Currently, two "formats" are supported: compat and oneline. The compat format is used for backward compatibility. The oneline format causes all of the fields for a session to be displayed on a single line, for ease of line- based searches (e.g. grep). -v,--verbose Reports additional information for each connection, such as the remote host and current working directory. -S,--server server-name Specify the ServerName for a specific virtual host. If used, ftpwho will only show session information for the given virtual host. FILES
/usr/bin/ftpwho /var/run/proftpd.scoreboard AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
inetd(8),ftp(1),proftpd(8),ftpcount(1),ftptop(1),ftpshut(8) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2003 ftpwho(1)