Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to implement patch manually Post 302116032 by sheilly_2k7 on Tuesday 1st of May 2007 03:24:50 AM
Old 05-01-2007
how to implement patch manually

dear all,
i got a pach file for ns 2.3 but it is not working properly i want to imlement those modification in the concering file manualy by onpening patches and write them in the orignal souce . Plz let me know how it is possible ?

thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to implement diff

Hi Does someone know how Unix or Linux implement 'diff' command ? Any good reference or the algorithm will be better ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harrylong
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to implement this

Hi all, could any of you please help me on my problem.. we are doing FTP (one report out put) from one server to another server through unix shell script program. Due to the network issues, some times FTP process is hanging. So we planned to modify the existing program with the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishore_jasthi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to implement case

Hi All, My requirement is if the record is starting with 0, then do some processing. if starting with 1, some processing else (not with 0 or 1 ) then do some other processing. i tried the following case "$test" in /^0/) echo "starting with zero ;; /^1/) echo " with one" ;; *) echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssunda6
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement this?

hi i have a file like 1,"A","B" 2,"C","D" 1,"E","F" 3,"G","H" in output i need like 3,"G","H" 1,"E","F" 2,"C","D" 1,"A","B" (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement scenario?

hi, i am having three files which is having following data file1: field1 field2 field3 1 A B 2 C D 3 E F file2: 4 G H 1 I J 5 K L file3: 4 M N (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
3 Replies

7. Programming

Implement ps command in C

Hello, could anybody explain how the ps command works? I know something about the proc file system. But I'm still not sure about how it exactly works. Like ps without any option will print out the current user's processes, but it never displays my web browsers such as firefox or my LibreOffice... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freedombird9
3 Replies
STG-SINK(1)							   StGit Manual 						       STG-SINK(1)

NAME
stg-sink - Send patches deeper down the stack SYNOPSIS
stg sink [-t <target patch>] [-n] [<patches>] DESCRIPTION
This is the opposite operation of linkstg:float[]: move the specified patches down the stack. It is for example useful to group stable patches near the bottom of the stack, where they are less likely to be impacted by the push of another patch, and from where they can be more easily committed or pushed. If no patch is specified on command-line, the current patch gets sunk. By default patches are sunk to the bottom of the stack, but the --to option allows to place them under any applied patch. Sinking internally involves popping all patches (or all patches including <target patch>), then pushing the patches to sink, and then (unless --nopush is also given) pushing back into place the formerly-applied patches. OPTIONS
-n, --nopush Do not push back on the stack the formerly-applied patches. Only the patches to sink are pushed. -t TARGET, --to TARGET Specify a target patch to place the patches below, instead of sinking them to the bottom of the stack. -k, --keep Keep the local changes. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-SINK(1)