Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl query Post 302115950 by cbkihong on Monday 30th of April 2007 09:03:48 AM
Old 04-30-2007
s/// is regular expression replace.

s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/

Omit leading space, capture a sequence of word characters thereafter as $1 (so it will stop at space because space is not word character), omit anything thereafter. Replace the line with $1.

Repeat the step for each input line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect SQL query in perl

I the the following perl script, however it does not return anything. Did i form my syantax wrongly? $sth=$dbh->prepare("select a.rowid,a.* from Table1 a where a.field1 = \'$Indicator1\' and a.schedule = \'$Indicator2\' and a.lastdate <= sysdate"); $sth->execute() ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI Query

Hi All, This is quite a high level question so I appologise as if it sounds a bit woolly! I'm running a script via apache's cgi-bin that calls another Perl script (from a browser): http://192.168.000.000/cgi-bin/run_script.pl?SCRIPT=test.pl&text=RANDOM+TEXT&INPUT1=444444444444 This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query in perl

can any1 give me line by line explanation for the following perl script as i dunno perl .. n i have searched in google .. but still thn i wanna confirm my findings fro perl experts :mad: perl -e 'while (<>) { print; $num = 2 if /fail_halt/i; $num = 1 if (/failure/i && ($num < 1)); }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl - PostGreSql query

Guys, I guess, I posted something in the wrong forum. Here it is - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/67395-perl-postgrepsql-question.html Can you please help me with this? Regards, garric (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Query Regarding format

Hello people. I have got the following script QM=ARGV; open (CHS_OUT, "echo 'DISPLAY QSTATUS(SYSTEM.CLUSTER.MY.QUEUE) all'|runmqsc $qm|"); while (<CHS_OUT>) { if ( /QUEUE\(/ ) { $QueueName = ValueParser("QUEUE", 6); } if ( /IPPROCS\(/ ) { $InpProcs = ValueParser("IPPROCS", 8); #print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - CAPTURE query

When i run script with option 1 it works, however if I assign path to variable $tmpfile and try to use that it writes to $tmpfile and not /var/tmp/abc.tmp, what am I missing? 1. open (CAPTURE, '>>tmpfile'); print CAPTURE "$T1,$T2,$T3"; close (CAPTURE); 2. my $tmpfile='/var/tmp/abc.tmp';... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating of query variable in perl

Hi , I am facing error in perl when I assign a below query in a varibale $query because of new line charchters $query= SELECT XYZ , ABC , c2 , c3 , c4 FROM t1 how can i get rid of new line charchters with out changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
2 Replies

9. Programming

Perl Query

Hi , Im using the below script to find the Good and Bad for the file permission. $rc=`find /etc/security/opasswd -perm 0600 -print -ls`; if($rc == 1) { print "GOOD: AD.1.8.4.1: The file /etc/security/opasswd exists and had permission 0600\n\n"; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

From perl program query is not executed.

I have tried executing one particular query through perl.But I am unable to get the result. When I tried to execute the sysdate query its working when I executed my perl code. The below query doesn't work. QUERY 1:my $sql ="select name from tab where rownum <6"; Received ora error... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
23 Replies
IO::AtomicFile(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       IO::AtomicFile(3pm)

NAME
IO::AtomicFile - write a file which is updated atomically SYNOPSIS
use IO::AtomicFile; ### Write a temp file, and have it install itself when closed: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->close || die "couldn't install atomic file: $!"; ### Write a temp file, but delete it before it gets installed: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->delete; ### Write a temp file, but neither install it nor delete it: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->detach; DESCRIPTION
This module is intended for people who need to update files reliably in the face of unexpected program termination. For example, you generally don't want to be halfway in the middle of writing /etc/passwd and have your program terminate! Even the act of writing a single scalar to a filehandle is not atomic. But this module gives you true atomic updates, via rename(). When you open a file /foo/bar.dat via this module, you are actually opening a temporary file /foo/bar.dat..TMP, and writing your output there. The act of closing this file (either explicitly via close(), or implicitly via the destruction of the object) will cause rename() to be called... therefore, from the point of view of the outside world, the file's contents are updated in a single time quantum. To ensure that problems do not go undetected, the "close" method done by the destructor will raise a fatal exception if the rename() fails. The explicit close() just returns undef. You can also decide at any point to trash the file you've been building. AUTHOR
Primary Maintainer David F. Skoll (dfs@roaringpenguin.com). Original Author Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com). President, ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). REVISION
$Revision: 1.2 $ perl v5.12.4 2011-09-18 IO::AtomicFile(3pm)