Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xapian with perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xapian with perl Post 302115923 by alma on Monday 30th of April 2007 05:39:42 AM
Old 04-30-2007
Xapian with perl

Hi All,

I am developing an application which need to search in postgres db for the files.
I wanted to use Xapian for that. I am not sure how to proceed further for it .

I have downloaded the xapian 0.9.9 version. I need to bind my perl db with the xapian search mechanism.

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Alma

Xapian::PostingIterator(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Xapian::PostingIterator(3pm)

NAME
Search::Xapian::PostingIterator - Iterate over the list of documents indexed by a term. DESCRIPTION
This iterator represents a stream of documents indexed by a term. It overloads "++" for advancing the iterator, or you can explicitly call the "inc" method. This class also overloads "eq", "ne", "==", "!=", and "" (stringification). METHODS
new Constructor. Defaults to an uninitialized iterator. clone inc Advance the iterator by one. (Called implictly by "++" overloading). skip_to <tname> Skip the iterator to term tname, or the first term after tname if tname isn't in the list of terms being iterated. get_docid Get the unique id of this document. get_wdf Return the wdf of the current term (if meaningful). positionlist_begin Return Search::Xapian::PositionIterator pointing to start of positionlist for current term. positionlist_end Return Search::Xapian::PositionIterator pointing to end of positionlist for current term. get_doclength Get the length of the document at the current position in the postlist. This information may be stored in the postlist, in which case this lookup should be extremely fast (indeed, not require further disk access). If the information is not present in the postlist, it will be retrieved from the database, at a greater performance cost. equal <term> Checks if a term is the same as this term. Also overloaded to the "eq" and "==" operators. nequal <term> Checks if a term is different from this term. Also overloaded to the "ne" and "!=" operators. get_description Return a description of this object. SEE ALSO
Search::Xapian,Search::Xapian::Database perl v5.14.2 2012-05-09 Xapian::PostingIterator(3pm)