Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting generating random numbers with hamming distance 4 Post 302115868 by hack_tom on Sunday 29th of April 2007 01:27:40 AM
Old 04-29-2007
I just wanted know how can you say that this is my class homework??? Smilie I need this script just to make my work easier so that I don't have to do this manually. Anyway I don't think I will be needing script since I have already done this by just changing bits manually and then calculating integer value.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating random number within a specific range (0.5-1.5)

Hello, need a way to generate numbers within 0.5-1.5 range Has to be totally random: 0.6 1.1 0.8 1.5 0.6 and so on.... How to? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating random numbers

Hi, I am having trouble with generating random numbers. can this be done with awk? So I have a file that looks like this: 23 30 24 40 26 34 So column1 is start and column2 is end. I want to generate 3 random #'s between start and stop: So the output will look like this: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
9 Replies

3. Programming

generating 16 digit random number in C

Hi, How can we generate 16 digit random nos in C. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
10 Replies

4. Programming

C Help; generating a random number.

Im new to C, and Im having a hard time getting a random number. In bash, I would do something similar to the following to get a random number; #!/bin/bash seed1=$RANDOM seed2=$RANDOM seed3=$RANDOM SEED=`expr $seed1 * $seed2 / $seed3` echo ${SEED%.*} Now, in online examples... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Gaussian Distributed Random Numbers

I want to generate an awk function that generated a Gaussian distributed set of random numbers. I need to implement the thing below in awk. Rnd is just a uniform random number between 0 and 1 function rgaussian(r1, r2) { Do v1 = 2 * Rnd - 1 v2 = 2 * Rnd - 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding distance between numbers

Hi, I have a file as ABC 1634230,1634284,1634349,1634468 1634272,1634301,1634356,1634534 What I want is to find distance between the numbers.. column 1 is the gene name and column 2 are starts and column 3 are their respective stops for the starts. So what I want is column 3 which has +1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Random Number in certain range

Hi there I am trying to generate a random number between 40 and 70 using the shell here is my code so far and it keeps going above 70. all help much appreciated! comp=$(( RANDOM%70+40 )) echo $comp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faintingquiche
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random number generating script?

Having a hard time with this. Very new to scripting and linux. Spent all sunday trying to do this. Appreciate some help and maybe help breaking down what the syntax does. Create a Bash program. It should have the following properties • Creates a secret number between 1 and 100 i. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LINUXnoob15
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a Random String of 'n' length

Hi, How can I generate a string of random characters (alpha+numeric) of a particular length ? For e.g. for n=5, output = 'kasjf' n=10, output = 'hedbcd902k' Also, please let me know if random (valid) dates could also be generated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishigc
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a POSIX random number?

Hi Guys and gals... As you know I am getting to grips with POSIX and hit this stumbling block. Generating two random numbers 0 to 255 POSIXly. Speed in not important hence the 'sleep 1' command. I have done a demo that works, but it sure is ugly! Is there a better way? #!/bin/sh # Random... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
12 Replies
uruk-save(8)						      SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION						      uruk-save(8)

NAME
      uruk-save - save uruk rc configuration in iptables-save-style format

SYNOPSIS
      uruk-save [-6 (save ip6tables rules)]

OPTIONS
      -6 (save ip6tables rules)
	Don't save iptables rules but save ip6tables rules, for IPv6 filtering.

DESCRIPTION
      uruk-save  saves	the  IPv4 rules in /etc/uruk/rc in iptables-save(5)-style format, without invoking iptables(8). If the -6 option is given,
      the IPv6 rules (if any) in /etc/uruk/rc are saved, in ip6tables-save(5)-style format. It	prints	output	to  stdout;  suggested	invocation
      therefore is

# uruk-save > /var/lib/uruk/iptables/active

or

# uruk-save -6 > /var/lib/uruk/ip6tables/active

.  This script is useful if you don't like the default behaviour of the uruk init script, and would like it to load the current uruk rc file
      instead of the current active file. Please note: generally you don't need to invoke this script manually: the init script which  comes  with
      uruk is suitable for most cases, it invokes uruk-save if needed.

WARNING
      Just as uruk, in order to keep the uruk-save script small and simple, the script does very little error handling. It does not check the con-
      tents of the rc file in any way before executing it. When your rc file contains bogus stuff, uruk-save will very likely behave in unexpected
      ways. Caveat emptor.

Things will likely break if you do fancy stuff in an rc hook file. For instance, uruk-save saves the filter table only. If you define mangle
      or nat tables, things will break.

If your rc file is in verbose mode (i.e. it features set -x) or in no-act mode (i.e. it features iptables='echo iptables'), uruk-save fails.

SEE ALSO
      uruk(8), uruk-rc(5) .

COPYRIGHT
      Copyright (C) 2005 Joost van Baal <joostvb-uruk@mdcc.cx>

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License  as  published	by
      the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABIL-
      ITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal <joostvb-uruk@mdcc.cx>

uruk-save 20120530						      30 mai 2012							uruk-save(8)