Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting genrating pseudo random numbers Post 302115682 by hack_tom on Thursday 26th of April 2007 10:25:02 AM
Old 04-26-2007
Also since %r1-%r32 .. etc are limited and are different for all lines the value of m and n will be less than 30.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Random numbers without repetition

Is anyone know some scripts to generate random number without repetition using bash; for example generate 10 different random numbers. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asal_email
8 Replies

2. Solaris

pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: vol0

Hi I have a system that gave me some messages on bootup that I was not used to seeing: pseudo: pseudo-device: vol0 genunix: vol0 is /pseudo/vol@0 these came with these: Feb 13 17:42:17 system1 eri: SUNW,eri0 : 100 Mbps full duplex link up Feb 13 17:42:21 system1sendmail: My unqualified... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random numbers from 0 to 1000

Hello All, I want to make a simple script which generate random number from 0 to 1000. and simply display it. Plz HELP!!!!!! Regards, Waqas Ahmed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Numbers - Perl

Hi Guys I have a script to find Ranomd numbers. But I want to make the file to produce more random. Could u guys help me plz. In this Script I have the code that generates random in for loop and the range I have specified in my %chromlength input and out put will be like this chrno start end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating random numbers

Hi, I am having trouble with generating random numbers. can this be done with awk? So I have a file that looks like this: 23 30 24 40 26 34 So column1 is start and column2 is end. I want to generate 3 random #'s between start and stop: So the output will look like this: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
9 Replies

6. Programming

Random numbers in parent/child?

Hi I'm trying to generate random numbers both in parent process and the child process. But I get the same random number in both processes. Why doesn't it generate different numbers altough I seed random number generator? Here's my code: #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a random string of numbers

Hi Can someone help me with this one? I have string.. (PROC_PROC_ID == 12183) <--PID is dynamic and i want to replace the PID number with whatever PID from /opt/hpws/apache32_2/logs/httpd.pid file. i'm having problem since the PID on the string is dynamic. It may be 2-5 digits or more. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Ftp pseudo random file

I have a script that generates a file which is my own incarnation of a date using the 'date' function (we'll call this script a). I would like that script to invoke my other script (script b) which contains my ftp info. Since I have yet to figure out a good way to use regular ftp (yes i can only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Random numbers

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! Write a shell script that will take the sum of two random number? Ex: Random n1 +Random n2 = result i tries to write it but i had some dufficulties ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
3 Replies
head(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   head(1)

NAME
head - give first few lines SYNOPSIS
count] [file ...] Obsolescent: [file ...] DESCRIPTION
prints on standard output the first count lines of each of the specified files, or of the standard input. If count is omitted it defaults to 10. If multiple files are specified, outputs before each file a line of this form: file Options The quantity of output is measured in bytes. The number of units of output. This option is provided for backward compatibility (see below) and is mutually exclusive of all other options. The quantity of output is measured in lines; this is the default. The number of lines (default) or bytes output. count is an unsigned decimal integer. If (or is not given, the default quantity is 10. This option provides the same func- tionality as the option, but in a more standard way. Use of the option is recommended where portability between systems is important. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the interpretation of text within file as single and/or multi-byte characters. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If or is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty variable. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. WARNINGS
The length of the input lines is limited to bytes. SEE ALSO
tail(1), cat(1), more(1), pg(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
head(1)