Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern expansion problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern expansion problem Post 302115328 by Ygor on Tuesday 24th of April 2007 03:05:29 AM
Old 04-24-2007
That would suggest that $1 and $2 have already been expanded by the shell. Try adding double quotes when you call the script, e.g...
Code:
script.sh "$PARAM1" "$PARAM2"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching problem

I have a file with the following contents; NEW 85174 MP081 /29OCT07 CNL 85986 MP098 /28OCT07 NEW 86014 MP098 /28OCT07 NEW 86051 MP097 /27OCT07 CNL 86084 MP097 /27OCT07 Now I have to retrieve all lines that start with NEW and where the next line starts with CNL and where the MP codes are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching problem

FilesToBackup='*.track* *.xml *.vm* *.gz Trace* TRACE* "*core*" *.out fcif_data_* esi_error_* *.rollback *.sed R.* APStatus_* log* *.output* send_mail* downenv* check_env* intaspurge_db_* sqlnet.log *.rpt *.html *.csv "*TSC*"' and i am using it like this- echo Moving files from $(pwd): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with search pattern

Can anyone help me in a scriptfor below example which has to find the string "System && Passcode 0" or "System && Failcode ??" If this searched string occurs consecutively 4 times it should provide output as error S.No : Program: Status 1. was : Passcode 1 2. System: Passcode 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gantagoru
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Brace expansion problem in Bash

I have a script that takes an option for server pools to run the script against. The option is given as a comma separated list (ie, -p 201,204,301). I'm using eval and brace expansion to get those pool numbers into an array. It works fine unless only 1 pool number is given. Here's the code: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print the expansion of the found string (the expansion is beween two delimiters '-' , '||'

Hi , could anyone help me out with this problem. sample.txt has this content : u001- this is used for project1 || u002- this is used for p2|| not to be printed u003- this is used for project3 || u004- this is used for p4 || u005- this is used for project5 || u006- this is used for p6... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji PK
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with tabs expansion

I have to create some fixed width files using UNIX. The data source is an Oracle SQL query. If I use straight SQL and spool to a file everything comes out as expected. Example Desired result (. indicate blank space): V278814831..................................1743049591.10N... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dortoh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching problem

# cat email.txt | grep -i "To:" To: <test@example.com> # cat email.txt | grep -i "Subject" Subject: Test Subject: How are you. I need to print only test@example.com from To field need to eliminate "< & >" from To field and need to print entire subject after Subject: It should be #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching problem

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file for all lines starting with 71502FSC1206 on every line it finds starting with this I need to place a letter F at the 127 position on that line. Thanks Paul (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching problem

if i have to do pattern match for file name with digit alphanumeric value like this File_1234.csv File_12sd45rg.csv i am using this File_*.csv and File_*.csv for digit pattern match. when i am doing pattern match for the digit then both alphanumeric match and digit match is coming. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)