Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris help with solaris 10 Post 302115289 by porter on Monday 23rd of April 2007 07:29:33 PM
Old 04-23-2007
What other operating systems do you think you have on your machine?

Currently it sounds like you have/had Linux and Windows 98 dual booted with LILO.

Where was Solaris supposed to go?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)