Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users variables don't work for inline "su" script Post 302114818 by Shell_Life on Wednesday 18th of April 2007 04:05:30 PM
Old 04-18-2007
Joekreif,
Try putting single quotes before and after the END:
su <user_id> <<-'END'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Neither "which" nor "find" commands work

hi there, could use some basic PATH advice, i think, or something find sometimes work, but which hasn't ever seemed to. for years! what am i doing wrong that the commands which and find rarely work? they used to work on the workstations i used ages ago... running 10.5.8 because i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zensnob
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about special variables: "-" and "$_"

both ksh/bash support this 2 special variables, Is there any document for reference? 1) "-" is $OLDPWD 2) "$_" is last argument of previous command. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that "should work" it's not working.

Hi, this is my script: #!/bin/bash trabajo=$1 numero=`jobs | grep -n $trabajo | cut -d':' -f1` echo $trabajo echo $numero kill %$numero wait For some reason, numero=`jobs | grep -n $trabajo | cut -d':' -f1` that line wont save in numero the number I am looking for BUT if I write it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script does not work when written as "one-liner"

In my quest to solve a bigger problem (See my previous post called "Create SQL DML insert statements from file using AWK or similar" - sorry, not allowed to post urls until I have > 5 posts) I'm trying to get my head round awk, but have some problem figuring out why the following script does work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagi Uda
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Variables are Empty immediately after "Setting" Them?

Hello All, I have embedded some expect code inside a Bash script I'm writing, but for some reason any variable I 'set' to something is showing as empty immediately on the next line... I haven't run into this problem before so I'm not sure what it could be...? I'm guessing it has something to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: "mkdir -p" doesn't work with var(cat x)

Hello, :) I've an issue with the creation of a directory, All work without it :mad: So, below, my scripts with the debug output : #!/bin/bash # PATHS HOME_BACKUP="/home/backup" HOME_SCRIPT="/home/scripts/test/backup_server" TARGET="/var/www" # DATE DATE_Ymd=$(date +%Y-%m-%d) #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
END(7)								   SQL Commands 							    END(7)

NAME
END - commit the current transaction SYNOPSIS
END [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
END commits the current transaction. All changes made by the transaction become visible to others and are guaranteed to be durable if a crash occurs. This command is a PostgreSQL extension that is equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)]. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] to abort a transaction. Issuing END when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To commit the current transaction and make all changes permanent: END; COMPATIBILITY
END is a PostgreSQL extension that provides functionality equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)], which is specified in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 END(7)