Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ultra 60 strange disk problems Post 302114622 by poltergeist on Tuesday 17th of April 2007 10:33:58 AM
Old 04-17-2007
It was indeed as easy as setting the disk type*sigh*. Another fine example of RTF(18000 pages)M

Thanks for your time !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hard disk problems

Hi all I am facing a strange problem. I am using a sun ultra10 spark machine. first i took a 20gb IDE hard disk and installed solaris 5.8. But due to some requirement i have to reinstall the OS but this time solaris 2.6. and now the hard disk capacity is only showing 8gb. Where the 12gb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk drive and Ultra 10

I need more space on my Ultra 10, and was thinking of a pair of 60 or 80 GB 7200 rpm ATA/100 drives mirrored with DiskSuite. Will afterarket IDE drives work in the Sun box? Are there any issues? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. Solaris

problems with my M3 video card and my Tatung Ultra 10 clone

i took this Elite 3D M3 video card out of my Ultra 60 machine which was replaced with an M6. the card was working w/o issue in the Ultra 60. however, i'm getting no video when i power the Tatung machine. yes, the M3 is does work with an AXi motherboard. any ideas what's causing the problem? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Add a new disk to Ultra 10

I am using an ultra 10 with Solaris 9.... I want to add a new disk that I can play around with partitions, maybe mirroring - that type of thing.. Its a test box.. I need help on what I can buy - and what I need, cables etc to add new disk and install it... Anyone got any pointers? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie: Sun Ultra 5 Disk Replacement

I have just started getting into unix and aquired a Sun Ultra 5 however the disk failed and I want to replace it with a spare maxtor 40Gb i have lying around. I need to partition and format the disk from its old windows format. I have looked up info on the format command in solaris 9 and I think i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalm
2 Replies

6. Linux

Strange Disk problem on Install

Hello Forum, I am getting a very strange symptom whilst doing an install of CentOS on to an X64 system and I was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem. I have two disks (PATA) installed to IDE0 (master) and the CDROM installed to IDE1 (slave) as a slave device. When I boot up the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenux_tux
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange parameter passing problems (KSH)

Hi all, I'm having a rather peculiar problem involving parameter passing with declared functions in my shell script. Hope to get some advice here. A brief description of my code is as follows: However, I'm not getting the results I wanted. If I pass in $rdir, I'm going to end up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Sparc Ultra 4 won't boot - disk errors

Hi all. I am seeing in one of our less-used servers that it crashed and now won't restart. I get the message 'continue with normal startup or boot into maintenance mode'. I go into maintenance and run fsck on /usr0 (mentioned in error at restart) it then reboots but goes right back to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
3 Replies

9. Hardware

HP Compaq 6710 - Strange network problems

Hi gurus, I am experiencing strange networks problems. I am trying to teather internet from HTC Desire S with Android. Basicly I followed those instructions: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android_Tethering#Procedure 1.) Enable USB Debugging - Phone: Settings --> Applications -->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Ultra 30 boot problems

Hi all, I've just replaced the eprom battery on my Sun Ultra-30 and having boot issues. For some reason its trying to boot off the network instead of the DISK1. Howe can I change it so the open boot does not default to the boot device: NET Thanks, Rob (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbo007
3 Replies
tapset::scsi(3stap)													       tapset::scsi(3stap)

NAME
tapset::scsi - systemtap scsi tapset DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe SCSI activities. scsi.ioentry Prepares a SCSI mid-layer request See probe::scsi.ioentry(3stap) for details. scsi.iodispatching SCSI mid-layer dispatched low-level SCSI command See probe::scsi.iodispatching(3stap) for details. scsi.iodone SCSI command completed by low level driver and enqueued into the done queue. See probe::scsi.iodone(3stap) for details. scsi.iocompleted SCSI mid-layer running the completion processing for block device I/O requests See probe::scsi.iocompleted(3stap) for details. scsi.ioexecute Create mid-layer SCSI request and wait for the result See probe::scsi.ioexecute(3stap) for details. scsi.set_state Order SCSI device state change See probe::scsi.set_state(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::scsi.ioentry(3stap), probe::scsi.iodispatching(3stap), probe::scsi.iodone(3stap), probe::scsi.iocompleted(3stap), probe::scsi.ioexecute(3stap), probe::scsi.set_state(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::scsi(3stap)