Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with bad records
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with bad records Post 302114517 by reborg on Monday 16th of April 2007 07:04:09 PM
Old 04-16-2007
Code:
sed -n '/^[^|]*|[^|]*$/p' file > newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad substitution problem (easy question)

hi, what i want to do is to convert all the txt file under my directory to the properties file using the native2ascii command. however, when i run my script, i got bad substitution error. what's wrong with my script ? pls help. thanks #!/bin/sh curDIR=`pwd` oldExt='txt'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Backup Problem (bad Sblock Magic Number)

Hi guys, First I have to say that I'm not Unix expert, I just have medium level experince in Unix scripting and some knowledge with a little of hands on experience of unix administration (Solaris only). I have my plans to move ahead in that field but this is a different story. I have a client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolarisProToBe
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Multi-Line Records Numbering Problem

I have a set of files of multi-line records with the records separated by a blank line. I needed to add a record number to the front of each line followed by a colon and did the following: awk 'BEGIN {FS = "\n"; RS = ""}{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++)print NR,":",$i}' ~/Desktop/data98-1-25.txt >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash: bad substitution problem...pls help!

I have this situation in my script (simplified): A=C C=10 I need to get number 10 using just A variable. I tried with : echo $`echo $A` - but i get $C string (i need number) Thanks very much for any help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xfouxs
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing bad records from a text file

Hi, I have an requirement where i need to remove few bad records(bad records I mean email id's are part of the 1st field, where a numeric value expected) from the text file delimited by ",". file1.txt --------- 1234,,DAVID,MAX abc@email.com,,JOHN,SMITH 234,,ROBERT,SEN I need to remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen_sangam
3 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with DNS-Records in C

Hey community, I'm coding an application in ANSI-C that needs to locate IP-Adresses. I fount that a good and very cheap way to do this would be to make DNS-queries against Blacklist provider UCEPROTECT's Country zone (country.uceprotect.net) They seem to offer a TXT-Record and also an A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: warpdrive
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in redirecting records using nawk

I am trying to redirect record to two files using nawk if-else. #Identify good and bad records and redirect records using if-then-else nawk -F"|" '{if(NF!=14){printf("%s\n",$0) >> "$fn"_bad_data}else{printf("%s\n",$0) >> $fn}}' "$fn".orig "$fn".orig is the source file name bad... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove bad records.

HI I have a problem in a file .The file was generated with the wrong data in it. MAL 005158UK473BBTICK1120722 A9999999ADASCD 1120722ADD_SECURIADD_SECURI MAL 005158UK473BBU 1120722 A9999999FF000EA0B9C 1120722ADD_SECURIADD_SECURI MAL 005158UK473ISN 1120722 A9999999US005158UK43... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bad records from file and move them into a file then send those via email

Hi my requirement is that i want pull the bad records from input file and move those records in to a seperate file. that file has to be sent via email.. any suggentions please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sxk4999
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running zip from cron - bad zipfile offset

I've created a pretty straightforward shell script to do backups via rsync. Every night it rsyncs a copy of a website (approx 60GB) to the local machine. Once a week, after the rsync step, it zips the local copy of the whole site into 2GB chunks and places them in another folder. When running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agreppa
3 Replies
diffmk(1)							   User Commands							 diffmk(1)

NAME
diffmk - mark differences between versions of a troff input file SYNOPSIS
diffmk oldfile newfile markedfile DESCRIPTION
diffmk compares two versions of a file and creates a third version that includes "change mark" (.mc) commands for nroff(1) and troff(1). oldfile and newfile are the old and new versions of the file. diffmk generates markedfile, which, contains the text from newfile with troff(1) "change mark" requests (.mc) inserted where newfile differs from oldfile. When markedfile is formatted, changed or inserted text is shown by | at the right margin of each line. The position of deleted text is shown by a single *. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of diffmk when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: An example of the diffmk command. diffmk can also be used in conjunction with the proper troff requests to produce program listings with marked changes. In the following command line: example% diffmk old.c new.c marked.c ; nroff reqs marked.c | pr the file reqs contains the following troff requests: .pl 1 .ll 77 .nf .eo .nh which eliminate page breaks, adjust the line length, set no-fill mode, ignore escape characters, and turn off hyphenation, respectively. If the characters | and * are inappropriate, you might run markedfile through sed(1) to globally change them. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), nroff(1), sed(1), troff(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) BUGS
Aesthetic considerations may dictate manual adjustment of some output. File differences involving only formatting requests may produce undesirable output, that is, replacing .sp by .sp 2 will produce a "change mark" on the preceding or following line of output. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 diffmk(1)