Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp connection
Operating Systems SCO ftp connection Post 302114301 by jgt on Friday 13th of April 2007 08:25:43 PM
Old 04-13-2007
Local or Remote Connection?

What OS is on the source and the destination?
If you are using a local connection, make sure that the hosts file on both machines is correct.
If it is an internet connection, do a 'traceroute(unix)' , or 'tracert(windows)' to see how many hops are needed to get to the destination.
Are you using DNS, or the IP address as the destination, is the response the same both ways?
Do you have the same slow response if you use telnet or ssh?
Do you have the similar results with other destinations?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

FTP connection problem

We have moved our DNS and DHCP to Windows 2000 from BIND. Our FTP Server is running Solaris 2.6, users who receive an i.p. address from win2k DHCP receives a connection failed error when trying to FTP and users who have static i.p. address can FTP with no problems. Can anyone shed light as to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassy
11 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

FTP Connection

I just started a new job and inherited a Fedora core 3 server. I wanted to open the ftp ports and I wanted to verify this code before I mess things up. From my reading the two lines below should allow ftp access can anyone confirm my attempt. iptables -A INPUT -p tcp - sport 21 -m state - state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mungaz
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp - Connection close

Hi Can someone help me what is the problem, when i try to login via ftp, though i entered the correct password, i got an error message Connection refused. please help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaibiganmi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Connection

Hi, Anyone encounter whereby when you FTP from an Unix server (Solaris 8) to another server (Window Server 2003), you tend to wait a long while when you do a "ls" and you get a timeout after that. However, when you FTP again and do a "ls", the result of "ls" shown immediately. All connection are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahlude
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection problem

I am getting the error in this command when i am pitting it in shell script ftp -nvi jcmpcor1.abc.com >/work/test98.dat << EOD error:- invalid command. but when i am writting it from outside it work fine. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Connection die out

Hi, I will ftp aroung 80 files after connecting to an FTP Server. But after 2 minutes of connection, it is timed out and connection is dying. Server had a 2 minute connection timeout if connection is idle. But my question, Isn't tranfering files not considered as an activity. Is the connection... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Passwordless FTP connection

Hello, Can someone help me in getting a passwordless FTP conncetion ? It works if I do it as myself, but I need to be user1 when I do it, not myself. When I do it as user1, it asks for user1 password, which we don't have. All in all, ftp myserver.com works on all other servers when I'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
5 Replies

9. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
TRACEROUTE6(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    TRACEROUTE6(8)

NAME
traceroute6 -- print the route IPv6 packets will take to a network node SYNOPSIS
traceroute6 [-adIlnNrvU] [-f firsthop] [-g gateway] [-m hoplimit] [-p port] [-q probes] [-s src] [-w waittime] [-A as_server] target [datalen] DESCRIPTION
The traceroute6 utility uses the IPv6 protocol hop limit field to elicit an ICMPv6 TIME_EXCEEDED response from each gateway along the path to some host. The only mandatory parameter is the destination host name or IPv6 address. The default probe datagram carries 12 bytes of payload, in addi- tion to the IPv6 header. The size of the payload can be specified by giving a length (in bytes) after the destination host name. Other options are: -a Turn on AS# lookups for each hop encountered. -A as_server Turn on AS# lookups and use the given server instead of the default. -d Debug mode. -f firsthop Specify how many hops to skip in trace. -g gateway Specify intermediate gateway (traceroute6 uses routing header). -I Use ICMP6 ECHO instead of UDP datagrams. -l Print both host hostnames and numeric addresses. Normally traceroute6 prints only hostnames if -n is not specified, and only numeric addresses if -n is specified. -m hoplimit Specify maximum hoplimit, up to 255. The default is 30 hops. -n Do not resolve numeric address to hostname. -N Use a packet with no upper layer header for the probes, instead of UDP datagrams. -p port Set UDP port number to port. -q probes Set the number of probe per hop count to probes. -r Bypass the normal routing tables and send directly to a host on an attached network. If the host is not on a directly-connected net- work, an error is returned. This option corresponds to the SO_DONTROUTE socket option; it can be used to ping a local host through an interface that has no route through it (e.g., after the interface was dropped by a routing daemon). -s src Src specifies the source IPv6 address to be used. -U Use UDP datagrams for the probes. This is the default. -v Be verbose. -w waittime Specify the delay time between probes. This program prints the route to the given destination and the round-trip time to each gateway, in the same manner as traceroute. Here is a list of possible annotations after the round-trip time for each gateway: !N Destination Unreachable - No Route to Host. !P Destination Unreachable - Administratively Prohibited. !S Destination Unreachable - Not a Neighbour. !A Destination Unreachable - Address Unreachable. ! This is printed if the hop limit is <= 1 on a port unreachable message. This means that the packet got to the destination, but that the reply had a hop limit that was just large enough to allow it to get back to the source of the traceroute6. This was more interesting in the IPv4 case, where some IP stack bugs could be identified by this behaviour. EXIT STATUS
The traceroute6 utility will exit with 0 on success, and non-zero on errors. SEE ALSO
ping(8), ping6(8), traceroute(8) HISTORY
The traceroute6 utility first appeared in WIDE hydrangea IPv6 protocol stack kit. BSD
August 24, 2009 BSD