Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting 1st arg into middle Post 302114274 by reborg on Friday 13th of April 2007 02:41:12 PM
Old 04-13-2007
Shell Life is correct and this thread is now closed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arg list too long

I do ls -l ABC*, I get arg list too long message. This will not happen if ABC* has small no of files I believe 4000 files is limit. Any way of avoiding this. I even tried like this for i in `ls -l ABC*` do echo $i done Same problem. Any solution would be great. I am on HP-UX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vingupta
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

arg list too long

Does anyone have a solution for arg list too long error. I have got this from the web but I fail to make any sense out of it Thanks enc (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -t arg list too long

echo dirname/filename* | xargs ls -t As a substitute doesn't give the results desired when I exceed the buffer size. I still want the files listed in chronological order, unfortunately xargs releases the names piecemeal...does anyone have any ideas? :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSU_Ram
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert the 1st arg into the middle of the file

I wrote a script like #!/bin/bash echo $1 > temp cat $2 >> temp mv temp $2 now I have problem appending the above script(only using bash shell) so that it now inserts the first argument into the middle of the file. I have tried using $(('wc -l < file' / 2 )) but invain so could any one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris
4 Replies

5. Programming

warning: int format,pid_t arg (arg 2)

I try following code under Solaris10,like follows: int glob = 6; int main(void) { int var; pid_t pid; var = 88; printf("before vfork\n"); if ((pid = vfork()) < 0) { err_sys("vfork error"); } else if (pid == 0) { glob++; var++; _exit(0); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space in a arg

Hi, When i am running a script it considers the below as mulitple arguments. There is any command which can ignore the spaces. I tried by using sed like below to ignore but it doesnt work. sed 's/ /\\ /g'100% Haddock Fillets Battered 500G-small.gif ~vino (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arg list too long

Hello All, I am trying to find a file name with .sh exention from a list of .dat files inside a directory. find /app/folder1/* -name '*.dat'| xargs grep '.sh' ksh: /usr/local/bin/find: arg list too long Please help me finding the command. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkhan9
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from/to file, if arg 'ok'

Hello, I've just started with shell scripting, and I need som assistance! Basicly what I want to do is copy names from one file to another, when running the scrip the user should be asked about the status of these names. Let me demonstrate: file: Name: John, Gender: male Name: Jane,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klskl
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script too many arg's

I have a simple bash script on RHEL that works fine when there is one file but when it finds multiple files of same condition I get too many args error. for i in * do if ;then echo "no files to move" exit 0 fi if ; then ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
10 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					CPANPLUS::Shell(3)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.16.3 2013-05-20 CPANPLUS::Shell(3)