Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Searching for Unix bootdisk
Operating Systems SCO Searching for Unix bootdisk Post 302114165 by jgt on Thursday 12th of April 2007 08:51:05 PM
Old 04-12-2007
SmartStart

On some versions of the Proliant, you must use the smartstart CD to install the OS, and the SCO Boot diskette is not required.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootdisk for Sun Solaris?

where is the bootdisk for Sun Solaris 8 located? Is it on the install CD because i dont see a bootdisk image file or RAWRITE anywhere. I am really new to pure Unix (I've used Linux for a little while) and need help badly. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a bootdisk for Xandros

create a bootdisk for Xandros Hi, The bootdisk that comes with xandros linux is not useable for me. I need aha152x support, otherwise i can't access my cdrom at installation time. Can anybody help me buid a custom xandros bootdisk with aha152x support. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for HOST NAME in UNIX

Hello, I am new to UNIX OS and I am planning to learn on how to use it since I was granted with the joy of being responsible of SCO UNIX on our network :-) So, can someone please tell me how to search for a particular string on our UNIX box specifying a server name...??? For some reason... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: George26
6 Replies

4. Linux

create rootvg bootdisk

Hello, does anyone know how I can create a boot dvd with my fedora installation .... ie I am attempting to build a system identical to another production server so want to copy all files to cd and build the new system from that cd ,,, any ideas? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching the web...unix

Hello, I am writing a command that uses a search-motor in a website... my code is : lynx -dump "http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=search&pagecontent=results&prodtype=city&prodname=$1"|grep $1|head -1000>>temp.txt so if the user types myprogram.sh nameofTheCity: it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew1400
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not sure if UNIX is searching for files or not?

I am very very new to Unix, working on a shell script for my job and was just trying to come up with the correct find command. I get a > symbol on a new line. I can't exit the program either, it will not go back to the $. I am using Cygwin. I don't know if this means no result, or if the fact none... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimberlyg2007
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX installation and setup bootdisk

Hi everyone, I am very new to HP-UX zx600 workstaton had a bad boot disk and need to replace it. After done installing HP-UX 11.31 (with LVM), how do I make it boot to the bootdisk? it stops at EFI shell. Any hints will be appreciated. Thanks, Lily. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
2 Replies
FORMAT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 FORMAT(1)

NAME
format - format a PC floppy diskette SYNOPSIS
format [-v] device [media-size [drive-size]] DESCRIPTION
Format allows a user with read-write permission to device to format a floppy. Either one of the special floppy devices must be used, see fd(4), or an automatic device may be used with the size of the floppy specified on the command line. Two sizes must be given when format- ting a low density diskette in a high density drive. For example: format /dev/at1 format /dev/fd1 1200 format /dev/fd1 360 1200 The first two commands format a 1.2M diskette, the last formats a 360k diskette in a 1.2M drive. A 1.44M drive knows when it's dealing with a low density floppy, so all these commands format a 720k diskette: format /dev/fd0 720 format /dev/fd0 720 1440 format /dev/ps0 No sizes may be specified when using a special floppy device, a size must be specified when using an automatic device. OPTIONS
-v Verify the process by reading each track after formatting it. Formatting is normally blind, the controller has no idea whether it succeeds or not. Use -v on a new box of cheap diskettes, or on a diskette that may have gone bad. Verifying will increase format- ting time by 50%. SEE ALSO
mkfs(1), fd(4). DIAGNOSTICS
Numbers will be printed on standard output to show that it is busy. The locations of bad sectors are printed on standard error when veri- fying. The exit code is zero unless there are too many bad spots. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) FORMAT(1)