Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX? Post 302113917 by login0001 on Wednesday 11th of April 2007 04:54:11 AM
Old 04-11-2007
Question working directory.

In VC++ we can set the path in project =>swttings=>working directory.

What if we want 2 do same in UNIX.
i.e.
our source files are at diff location.
We have to copy executable to required diff location and run it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to a new working directory...

I need to CD to a particular directory to check log files and interface files. Instead of typing the path manually, is there a way of getting a script to change my working directory to the one I need? Currently I have a script that CD's to the directories I need but a soon as the script exits,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing only directories in the current working directory using the "ls" command

Hello All, I am trying to list only directories in my current directory using the command "ls -d". But the output only contains the default directory "." and doesn't list the rest of the directories in the working directory. Can anyone explain why this is happening (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Current working directory in prompt

Can someone tell me how do i set my current working directory in my prompt? Note: I dont want to use env variable PWD and using `pwd` gives me only my home directoy. suggest a different way ? I use /bin/sh thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesmani
3 Replies

5. Programming

using dbx: I can't make it watch a variable change?! Help, please!

(I have mentioned about this situation and arisen problems in another thread: Is there a limit for a code line length in C?, but those questions are OffTop for that subject; so I open a new topic, here.) The main problem is that I have some situation in my program where memory has been changed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying the current working directory in prompt

Hi, I want that the prompt that is being displayed (i.e $ sign) should display always the current directory I am working in instead of that $ sign example: as we use PS1=patric and the prompt changes from $ to patric OR if we write the command PS1=`pwd` it will display the current... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: premjotsingh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP mget * not working after change directory -cd

Hi everyone, I have an Linux FTP script to get files from different AS400 mailboxes and store in different local directories. I had to use mget * option becuase there is no fixed destination file name means filename can change. The following FTP script is working fine if we have single file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oravikiran
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Current working directory

Hi all, How do I print the name of my current working directory only to screen? Not pwd! For example, if I was in /home/work I am looking for 'work' only (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimjam
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Dbx not working on 64 bit Solaris machine

I have a 64 bit program called drivertest that crashed with the error message Illegal Instruction (core dumped) I tried to open the core file using dbx command bit it gives the below error message. psrux902b1% dbx - core.drivertest.28276 Corefile specified executable:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
1 Replies
GENDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							GENDIFF(1)

NAME
gendiff - utility to aid in error-free diff file generation SYNOPSIS
gendiff <directory> <diff-extension> DESCRIPTION
gendiff is a rather simple script which aids in generating a diff file from a single directory. It takes a directory name and a "diff- extension" as its only arguments. The diff extension should be a unique sequence of characters added to the end of all original, unmodi- fied files. The output of the program is a diff file which may be applied with the patch program to recreate the changes. The usual sequence of events for creating a diff is to create two identical directories, make changes in one directory, and then use the diff utility to create a list of differences between the two. Using gendiff eliminates the need for the extra, original and unmodified directory copy. Instead, only the individual files that are modified need to be saved. Before editing a file, copy the file, appending the extension you have chosen to the filename. I.e. if you were going to edit somefile.cpp and have chosen the extension "fix", copy it to somefile.cpp.fix before editing it. Then edit the first copy (somefile.cpp). After editing all the files you need to edit in this fashion, enter the directory one level above where your source code resides, and then type $ gendiff somedirectory .fix > mydiff-fix.patch You should redirect the output to a file (as illustrated) unless you want to see the results on stdout. SEE ALSO
diff(1), patch(1) AUTHOR
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution Mon Jan 10 2000 GENDIFF(1)