Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: swap file not present
Operating Systems Solaris swap file not present Post 302113533 by Naanu on Friday 6th of April 2007 07:12:31 PM
Old 04-06-2007
Reborg

The app eats 1G max, not more than that.
And no forking or execing in there. Smilie
With things running fine, I observed the RSS for my app and the max it goes is 1gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborg
Ok, let's for a minute assume you are correct and there is no need for swap, and go about this from the other side and just to rule it out, your application doesn't do something silly like malloc 850Mb then fork ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls > file - Creating file containing the list of all files present in a directory

Hi All, I need to create a file which contains the list of all the files present in that directory. e.g., ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat but what i am getting is: $ ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat /export/home/user/*.dat: No such file or directory But I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search a word in a file present in tar file

i need to search a word in the tar file. if it is present just give me the file name please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: junkbuster
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check whether list file present in TXT file exist or not

Hi All, I have txt file which has list of files. I have to check whether these files exist or not. Thanks supriya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a pattern present in file 2 from file 1 if found in file 1.

I have two files File1 ==== 1|2000-00-00|2010-02-02|| 2| 00:00:00|2012-02-24|| 3|2000-00-00|2011-02-02|| File2 ==== 2000-00-00 00:00:00 I want the delete the patterns which are found in file 2 from file 1, Expected output: File1 ==== (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file...

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file... just like join ... if the record present in both files.. delete from first file or delete the particular record and write the unmatched records to new file.. tried with grep and while... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Comparison: Print Lines not present in another file

Hi, I have fileA.txt like this. B01B02 D0011718 B01B03 D0012540 B01B04 D0006145 B01B05 D0004815 B01B06 D0012069 B01B07 D0004064 B01B08 D0011988 B01B09 D0012071 B01B10 D0005596 B01B11 D0011351 B01B12 D0004814 B01C01 D0011804 I want to compare this against another file (fileB.txt)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Speed : awk command to count the occurrences of fields from one file present in the other file

Hi, file1.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD file2.txt abc|AAA|AAAabcbcs|fnwufnq bca|nwruqf|AAA|fwfwwefwef fmimwe|BBB|fnqwufw|wufbqw wcdbi|CCC|wefnwin|wfwwf DDD|wabvfav|wqef|fwbwqfwfe i need the count of rows of file1.txt present in the file2.txt required output: AAA 2 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdkm
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Systemd errors of missing file “No such file or directory” inspite of file being present

The contents of my service file srvtemplate-data-i4-s1.conf is Description=test service for users After=network.target local-fs.target Type=forking RemainAfterExit=no PIDFile=/data/i4/srvt.pid LimitCORE=infinity EnvironmentFile=%I . . . WantedBy=multi-user.target (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk code to find difference in second file which is not present in first file .

Hi All, I want to find difference between two files and output only lines which are not present in second file .I am using awk and I am getting only the first difference but I want to get all the lines which are not present in file2 .Below is the code I am using . Please help to get the desired... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasrao
7 Replies
TNTNET-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  TNTNET-CONFIG(1)

NAME
tntnet-config - output compiler flags for tntnet usage SYNOPSIS
tntnet-config [--libs] [--cxxflags] [--config[=app]] [--makefile[=app]] [--project=app] [--autoproject=app] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet-config command. OPTIONS
This program's options start with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --libs Output linker flags. --cxxflags Output C++ preprocessor and compiler flags. --config[=app] Print default configuration file. --makefile[=app] Print a simple makefile for an ecpp project. --project=app Create a simple ecpp project directory. --autoproject=app Create a autotools based ecpp project. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet(8), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. July 3, 2006 TNTNET-CONFIG(1)