Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using case to do this might be a bad idea? Post 302113502 by cfajohnson on Friday 6th of April 2007 01:36:16 PM
Old 04-06-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyybugg
I missed the errors on the upload of other two files. Here they are.
ok That was output, this is the script. I had to take the "." off of the fileneme of my input file, windoze made me do it.

Using Windows may be the cause of some of your problems. The files you uploaded have carriage returns that can break scripts, both in the script itself and in the data file.

The script you attached bears little resemblance to the scripts you posted earlier. What is the problem with the script you attached?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is it Bad Idea to insert "." (Dot) to PATH ?

I was told that it's a Bad Idea (especially for root ) to Add To the Variable $PATH in unix the ":." (dot), In order to execute programs in my current directory without typing ./program For example: PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:. Does someone know why is it a Bad Idea? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbern
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

case loop... repeat on bad input?

I'm trying to get a case statement to start over if an undefined option is selected... But I am ata loss on how to actually do it. Here is a quick example of what I have. Echo "1) do this/n 2) Do that/n 3) Quit/n Make a selection/n" Read answer Case answer in 1) Dothid;; 2) Dothat;;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Deleting a recursive symbolic link was a very bad idea

Well i was tidying up some files in a very important directory on our development server and somehow some plank had put a recursive sybmolic link in it. Which I the even bigger plank tried to delete from my FTP client. My FTP client then thought it would be OK to delete not only the sybmolic link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Is overlapping two RAID5 arrays on same drives a bad idea ??

is placing two RAID5 arrays on disk as shown below Is advisable? Will this create performance problems? sda-(500GB) sdb-(1TB) sdc-(1TB) sdd-(1TB) (250MB)----------(250MB) ---------unused------------unused------->(/dev/md0) RAID1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saed
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 SIEVESHELL(1)