Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using case to do this might be a bad idea? Post 302113494 by Skyybugg on Friday 6th of April 2007 12:57:34 PM
Old 04-06-2007
That is the kind of behaviour of case is is perplexing me. I don't want to be assuming but I am attaching input, output and the entrire script. You will see in the input file towards the middle and end, oflag is set to o and the TYPO is still not populating. I wonder if TYPO isn't a reserved variable?
SkyyBugg

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is it Bad Idea to insert "." (Dot) to PATH ?

I was told that it's a Bad Idea (especially for root ) to Add To the Variable $PATH in unix the ":." (dot), In order to execute programs in my current directory without typing ./program For example: PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:. Does someone know why is it a Bad Idea? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbern
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

case loop... repeat on bad input?

I'm trying to get a case statement to start over if an undefined option is selected... But I am ata loss on how to actually do it. Here is a quick example of what I have. Echo "1) do this/n 2) Do that/n 3) Quit/n Make a selection/n" Read answer Case answer in 1) Dothid;; 2) Dothat;;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Deleting a recursive symbolic link was a very bad idea

Well i was tidying up some files in a very important directory on our development server and somehow some plank had put a recursive sybmolic link in it. Which I the even bigger plank tried to delete from my FTP client. My FTP client then thought it would be OK to delete not only the sybmolic link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Is overlapping two RAID5 arrays on same drives a bad idea ??

is placing two RAID5 arrays on disk as shown below Is advisable? Will this create performance problems? sda-(500GB) sdb-(1TB) sdc-(1TB) sdd-(1TB) (250MB)----------(250MB) ---------unused------------unused------->(/dev/md0) RAID1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saed
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies
trbdf(1)							   User Manuals 							  trbdf(1)

NAME
trbdf - convert BDF-font from one encoding to other SYNOPSIS
trbdf -C | -l | -h trbdf [-s] [-f input-codeset ] [-t output-codeset ] [--foundry[=] new-foundry ] BDF-font DESCRIPTION
trbdf is a program for translation of BDF fonts from one encoding to other. One exciting feature of trbdf is that it tries to approximate the symbols that miss from the font or from the encoding of the font with existing symbols when possible. If the option -s or --gen-script is given trbdf will generate an awk(1) script for translation of BDF-fonts for fixed combination of input- codeset and output-codeset This is useful for faster convertion of many files. This script is used as filter. If none of -C, -s, -l, -h and their equivalents is given the BDF-font will be read assuming it is coded with codeset input-codeset On stan- dard output it will be recoded so to use codeset output-codeset Both input-codeset and output-codeset are case insensitive and default to `cp1251'. OPTIONS
-C, --copyright Display copying conditions and warranty information. -s, --gen-script Generates conversion script for given input and output encodings instead to convert BDF-font. This option is usefull if you have to convert many fonts. The generated script expects the input font from its standard input and outputs the converted font. -l, --list List all known codesets. -h, --help Display this help and exit. -f input-codeset, --from[=]input-codeset Codeset of the source font. -f output-codeset, --to[=]output-codeset Codeset of the generated font. --foundry[=]new-foundry Use this option if you want to change the foundry of the generated fonts. AUTHOR
Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>, <zinoviev@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> SEE ALSO
bdftopcf(1x) trscripts NOV 2002 trbdf(1)