Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root Login Auditing !!
Operating Systems Solaris Root Login Auditing !! Post 302113424 by mobile_app on Thursday 5th of April 2007 10:39:23 PM
Old 04-05-2007
The manual navigation is the only drawback I find in Unix--though it is the most secured OS IMO. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

root login password

Hello Guys, We are using Sco Unix 5.0 While we was changing root password from scoadmin, It did not change the password and hang in between. Now, I am unable to login as root user pls. do suggest me how can i skip root password and how can i goto root to change the password again. Or if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subho77
4 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Lost root password / Can't login as root

We have quite a few threads about this subject. I have collected some of them and arranged them by the OS which is primarily discussed in the thread. That is because the exact procedure depends on the OS involved. What's more, since you often need to interact with the boot process, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. AIX

root login

How do I make it so user "root" can not log directly into an AIX server? I want a user to be able to SU to it but not log into it to keep a log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
2 Replies

4. AIX

Can't login root account due to can't find root shell

Hi, yesterday, I changed root's shell in /etc/passwd, cause a mistake then I can not log in root account (can't find correct shell). I attempted to log in single-mode, however, it prompted for single-mode's password then I type root's password but still can not log in. I'm using AIX 5L version 5.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neikel
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Cannot login root

With my SSH, my HP-UX cannot login to root. It will come out a message su: unknown id: root. But I can login by user oracle. I also cannot login to console either by using root or oracle anymore. What shall I do. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surizan
5 Replies

6. AIX

why I cannot login by root

I can use sudo su to root from my user id through ssh. Also can change root password. However, I cannnot login by root from ssh. Does any body know why? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Only root can login using SFTP

Hello, It seems on a machine that I am responsible for supervising only root can use ssh/sftp services. I have looked at sshd_config and do not see anything that can fix this. PermitRootLoggin is enabled but that option does not preclude other users from using ssh/sftp services. When I try and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root Auditing Questions

First timer here... appreciate any help. My lingo might be off a bit, but ill clarify where necessary. 1- Is there a way to monitor direct logins to root? i.e. logging in directly to root as opposed logging in to a user account then su or sudo to root. i have a machine set to "permitrootlogin... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mas000
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Hpsmh root can't login

On hp smh i can't login with root,i type correct unix password but said "ERROR: Username and password do not match" Tomcat,apache works and with debug enabled,nothing said on logs :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Su root or login root

Hi, I find there is some customized linux with application. When I use login account root and type the password. It is not allow to login. But if I login with specified user and password. Then I use command "su - " and type root passwd. It allow you to switch to "root" account . Or if i... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
14 Replies
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)

NAME
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login - Configurable login controller SYNOPSIS
# For simple useage exmple, see CatalystX::SimpleLogin, this is a # full config example __PACKAGE__->config( 'Controller::Login' => { traits => [ 'WithRedirect', # Optional, enables redirect-back feature '-RenderAsTTTemplate', # Optional, allows you to use your own template ], actions => { login => { # Also optional PathPart => ['theloginpage'], # Change login action to /theloginpage }, }, }, ); See CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login for configuring the form. DESCRIPTION
Controller base class which exists to have login roles composed onto it for the login and logout actions. ATTRIBUTES
login_form_class A class attribute containing the class of the form to be initialised. One can override it in a derived class with the class of a new form, possibly subclassing CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login. For example: package MyApp::Controller::Login; use Moose; extends('CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login'); has '+login_form_class' => ( default => "MyApp::Form::Login", ); 1; login_form_class_roles An attribute containing an array reference of roles to be consumed by the form. One can override it in a similar way to "login_form_class": package MyApp::Controller::Login; use Moose; extends('CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login'); has '+login_form_class_roles' => ( default => sub { [qw(MyApp::FormRole::Foo MyApp::FormRole::Bar)] }, ); 1; METHODS
BUILD Cause form instance to be built at application startup. do_post_login_redirect This method does a post-login redirect. TODO for BOBTFISH - should it even be public? If it does need to be public, then document it because the Pod coverage test failed. login Login action. login_redirect Redirect to the login action. login_GET Displays the login form login_POST Processes a submitted login form, and if correct, logs the user in and redirects not_required A stub action that is anchored at the root of the site ("/") and does not require registration (hence the name). redirect_after_login_uri If you are using WithRedirect (i.e. by default), then this methd is overridden to redirect the user back to the page they intially hit which required authentication. Note that even if the original URI was a post, then the redirect back will only be a GET. If you choose NOT to compose the WithRedirect trait, then you can set the uri users are redirected to with the "redirect_after_login_uri" config key, or by overriding the redirect_after_login_uri method in your own login controller if you need custom logic. render_login_form Renders the login form. By default it just calls the form's render method. If you want to do something different, like rendering the form with a template through your view, this is the place to hook into. required A stub action that is anchored at the root of the site ("/") and does require registration (hence the name). SEE ALSO
CatalystX::SimpleLogin::TraitFor::Controller::Login::WithRedirect CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Form::Login AUTHORS
See CatalystX::SimpleLogin for authors. LICENSE
See CatalystX::SimpleLogin for license. perl v5.14.2 2012-07-15 CatalystX::SimpleLogin::Controller::Login(3pm)