Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5 Post 302112736 by huyuhui on Thursday 29th of March 2007 11:32:07 PM
Old 03-30-2007
Error How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5

I installed RedHat Server 5 today. I had one problem that was the web
page contained Chinese characters could not be shown correctly. What I saw was white squares. How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup an FTP server?

i want setup an ftp server on my homelab now i downloaded resource management book from sun there it shows you how to make the entry in the inet.d.conf file also how to control ftp access but how do u actually set it up? say like i want certain file to be obtain through ftp how do i do that? oh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

3. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS server setup on redhat 4 AS4

Please do reply if anyone has done NIS server setup on redhat Please let me know steps to do NIS server configuration on redhat & NIS client configuration on suse (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timus1980
2 Replies

5. Gentoo

Server Setup

We have C++ server (web applications) and Java Servers. I am not a Java developer but Java people say that Java Servers requires tomcat as it renders web pages. The Java server updates DB that C++ servers inquires upon and makes processing accordingly. This setup is ok for a user as the user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Running setup on a new server

I have a newly built Solaris 10 server that I want to install Sun One web server. After building the server I use FTP to copy over the web server installation files into a directory I created (/usr/local/software/JES/6.1sp8). I run ./setup and get this. bash: ./setup: Permission denied I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
7 Replies

7. Solaris

DNS Server setup

I am trying to setup DNS server in Solaris 10. I have two blade 1500 system and want to setup two name server I would like to start setting up DNS. appreciate your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnathan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable all operations to use a proxy server , redhat server

Hi, i would like to enable all operations/connections to use a proxy server in a redhat server , witch file should i config to get this for all conections .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

What is command to setup sofware in redhat over internet

Hi all, I setup redhat in VMware and I connected to internet, so I want setup sofware for redhat over internet what is command I used ? Are you understand my question, my ability of english is not good, such as I want setup dhcp packet I must used a command ? (yum... or...apt-get...or rpm... ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilinux9
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

[ASK] How to setup portfw to server behind another server

Hi Experts, I was trying to find some documentations about this but seems I'm not good enough to find that one, so I'm seeking a help from the expert here. I have 3 Solaris Server and the diagram as follow: My PC => ---------------------- I was able to setup port forwarding to Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdziE
0 Replies
telecode(5)							File Formats Manual						       telecode(5)

NAME
telecode - A character encoding system (codeset) for Traditional Chinese DESCRIPTION
The Telecode codeset (called Mitac Telex in early versions of the operating system) consists of 2 character planes. Each character plane has 8836 character positions. In plane 1, standard characters occupy positions 0001 to 8045; the remaining 791 positions are for user- defined characters. In plane 2, standard characters occupy positions 0001 to 8489; the remaining 346 positions are for user-defined charac- ters. Telecode uses 2-byte values to represent characters on both planes. Plane 1 Character Encoding To differentiate plane 1 code from plane 2 code, the most significant bit (MSB) is set on in both bytes of a plane 1 character code. The following formula calculates the value of a plane 1 character from its position on the plane: 1st byte = M + 161 2nd byte = N + 161 - M x 94 In this formula, N is the position of the character and M = N / 94. For example, if a character is at position 2502 on plane 1, its encoding value is BBDB, which is calculated as follows: N = 2502, M = 2502/94 = 26 1st byte = 26 + 161 = 187 2nd byte = 2502 + 161 - 26 x 94 = 219 Plane 2 Character Encoding To differentiate plane 2 code from plane 1 code, the MSB of the first byte is set on and that of the second byte is set off for each plane 2 character code. The following formula calculates the value of a plane 2 character from its position: 1st byte = M + 161 2nd byte = N + 33 - M x 94 In this formula, N is the position of the character on the plane and M = N / 94. For example, if a character is at position 2502 on plane 2, its encoding value is BB5B, which is calculated as follows: N = 2502, M = 2502/94 = 26 1st byte = 26 + 161 = 187 2nd byte = 2502 + 33 - 26 x 94 = 91 Codeset Conversion The following codeset converter pairs are available for converting Traditional Chinese characters between telecode and other encoding for- mats. Refer to iconv_intro(5) for an introduction to codeset conversion. For more information about the other codeset for which telecode is the input or output, see the reference page specified in the list item. big5_telecode, telecode_big5 Converting from and to the Big-5 codeset: big5(5). Note that Big-5 encoding is equivalent to the Microsoft code-page format used on PCs for Traditional Chinese. You can therefore use these converters to convert Traditional Chinese characters between PC code page format and Telecode encoding format. For more infor- mation on how the operating system supports PC code pages, see code_page(5). dechanyu_telecode, telecode_dechanyu Converting from and to the DEC Hanyu codeset: dechanyu(5). eucTW_telecode, telecode_eucTW Converting from and to Taiwanese Extended UNIX Code: eucTW(5). Font Support for Telecode The operating system supports Telecode only through conversion to another codeset. SEE ALSO
Commands: locale(1) Others: ascii(5), big5(5), Chinese(5), code_page(5), dechanyu(5), dechanzi(5), eucTW(5), GBK(5), i18n_intro(5), i18n_printing(5), iconv_intro(5), l10n_intro(5), sbig5(5) telecode(5)