Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in Directory Structure Post 302112680 by murtaza on Thursday 29th of March 2007 10:38:08 AM
Old 03-29-2007
Thank u very much for giving me a nice simple solution. But can you give me the hint for the outputf format. e.g
$HOME
.........aaa
...............aaa1
................aaa2
........................aaa21
Thanks for interest and help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying with directory structure

Hi, I need to copy a set of directories along with all sub directories and files from one unix box to another. Any ideas? cnfsed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cnfsed
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with listing of directory structure

Hi When im listing (ls -al ) its listing directories without / at the end of directories dir1 dir2 dir3 and i need to list directories with dir1/ dir2/ dir3/ and this should not be made by command ls -F / should be embedded at the last since one of the scripts reads directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory Structure

Hi... I have a directory which has multiple directories and sub directories inside... what command should i use to get a list of all these directories, without the filenames.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file extensions in a directory structure

Hi, I have a huge directory structure with multiple directories and subdirectories in each of the directory. i am trying to find the various file extensions in the directory structure and put them into a file. is there any way through which i can accomplish this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsritish
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing a directory structure

Hey everyone I am just trying print a directory structure but I am not getting the desired output. I am using AIX. Script : input file contains : TNP\\ECOM\\test\\1 input_file=folders.txt cat $input_file | while read line do echo $line done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Question about directory structure

I have a Solaris 9 system and was trying to familiarize myself with how the filesystem is laid out. I was wondering what the following directories were for (legacy, some administrative reason, etc) The reason I ask about these specific directories is that they have executables with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Directory structure

Hello ; ) again Now I have my file like this : DIR2/DIR3 DIR2 DIR2/DIR3/DIR4/DIR5 I am looking for help to create a loop that will create the directory structure. I need something like this : If "DIR2" does not exist > Create IF "DIR2" exist already > check if onther "DIR"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies
nice(2) 							   System Calls 							   nice(2)

NAME
nice - change priority of a process SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int nice(int incr); DESCRIPTION
The nice() function allows a process to change its priority. The invoking process must be in a scheduling class that supports the nice(). The nice() function adds the value of incr to the nice value of the calling process. A process's nice value is a non-negative number for which a greater positive value results in lower CPU priority. A maximum nice value of (2 * NZERO) -1 and a minimum nice value of 0 are imposed by the system. NZERO is defined in <limits.h> with a default value of 20. Requests for values above or below these limits result in the nice value being set to the corresponding limit. A nice value of 40 is treated as 39. Calling the nice() function has no effect on the priority of processes or threads with policy SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR. Only a process with the {PRIV_PROC_PRIOCNTL} privilege can lower the nice value. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, nice() returns the new nice value minus NZERO. Otherwise, -1 is returned, the process's nice value is not changed, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The nice() function will fail if: EINVAL The nice() function is called by a process in a scheduling class other than time-sharing or fixed-priority. EPERM The incr argument is negative or greater than 40 and the {PRIV_PROC_PRIOCNTL} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. USAGE
The priocntl(2) function is a more general interface to scheduler functions. Since -1 is a permissible return value in a successful situation, an application wishing to check for error situations should set errno to 0, then call nice(), and if it returns -1, check to see if errno is non-zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nice(1), exec(2), priocntl(2), getpriority(3C), attributes(5), privileges(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Apr 2004 nice(2)