Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to configure mailx command?? Post 302112624 by kumarsaravana_s on Thursday 29th of March 2007 07:39:23 AM
Old 03-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopidesaboyina
now you've correct script. you need to check smtp for mail sending/receving from that box. you may just check mails simply by sending mail from prompt. if you recive then we can look @ script otherwise need to work in that area..
good luck & post if any errors.

Testing mail :

mailx -s "Difference of files" ss@cs.com < press enter >
Enter some text
^d
I did has you said but still i'm not getting any mails.As you said,i think some configuration has to be done with SMTP.Can you please give me more details on that...i'm working on SunOS.

Thanks
Kumar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command

Hi friends, i have seen the following line in some unix shell script . can some one explain me what exactly the statement is meant for ? ========================================================= mailx -s " Master Data Transmission Report for $TODAY at $TIME " < /etc/tr/tmp/$tmplog... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command

Hi, This post is regarding sending mails from Unix. How can we include "bcc" in a "mailx" command. I searched google to find out the -b option; but my man pages doesnot show that option(it throws me an error: "-b not found"). It has a "~b" option but i am not sure how to use it. Could you people... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thumban
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Configure mailx or sendmail

hi, I would like to configure mailx or sendmail to send out some mails to some users. I tried searching online for the configuration but it was kinda confusing. I thought that posting here might get someone to work with me step by step I tried sending out mail but i did not receive in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cghcgh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Mailx command

HI All, I have an unix server , where sendmail command works for sending mail. But if i use mailx command it is not working. Is there any specific settings needed for this. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

6. Solaris

mailx command

Dear all, Every time if i use mailx it is asking for entering the From Address. I want to set it in some place, So that it will take it by default whenever we send mails. Pl help on this. Regards JeganR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx command

( cat textfile.txt; ) | mailx -s "test mail " `cat mailids.lst` from :'server@example.com' to : for all contacts in text file mailids.lst above command is sending mails correctly for all contacts in text file mailids.lst, but 'from' address is showing as 'server@example.com' but i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Mailx command

Using RHEL 5.5 New to using 'mailx' Was trying to check if mailx is configured. mailx command gives a list of unread mails. Now I tried to send mail using this command to a local or on network machine using mailx -s "Test2" "root@<servername>" But did not receive any message. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies
mlmmj-send(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mlmmj-send(1)

NAME
mlmmj-send - send mail to a mailinglist or similar SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-send [-L /path/to/list | -l listctrl] -m /path/to/mail [-a] [-D] [-F] [-h] [-r] [-R] [-s] [-T] [-V] -a: Don't archive the mail -D: Don't delete the mail after it's sent -F: What to use as MAIL FROM: -h: This help -l: List control variable. -L: Full path to list directory -m: Full path to mail file -r: Relayhost IP address (defaults to 127.0.0.1) -R: What to use as Reply-To: header -s: Subscribers file name -T: What to use as RCPT TO: -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
This binary is used to send all kinds of mail to mlmmj managed mailinglists, but can potentially be used standalone for sending mails. The only option that is not self explanatory is the -l list control option: '1' means 'send a single mail' This is used together with -F and -T to send one mail to one recipient. '2' means 'mail to moderators' Used for sending mails to the moderators of a list. '3' means 'resend failed list mail' '4' means 'send to file with recipients' '5' means 'bounceprobe' '6' means 'single listmail to single recipient' BUGS
This manual page is very scarce documentation of the mlmmj-send binary. The reason for this is that it's really not supposed to be used by any human, but only supposed to be invoked from other mlmmj binaries. So in case more documentation is needed, please read the source. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-send September 2004 mlmmj-send(1)