Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to email a file list
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to email a file list Post 302112607 by chengwei on Thursday 29th of March 2007 05:42:04 AM
Old 03-29-2007
I don't wish to send a file attachment. I just want to send an email containing the listing of some folders to see the filenames & timestamp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using Mailx to send to list of email addresses

Im trying to use a shell script to send to a list of email addresses in a txt file. Here is what i have tried but it keeps sending to dead.letter... Success.ksh contains... mailx -s"Night Batch Success" 'cat /Scripts/email_addresses.txt' < /Scripts/email_body_message.txt The email body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aguad3
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Please list email ids or contact info of members

Hi , Is it possible to list the user's email id for further communication. Thanks, MoonwalaPL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonwalapl
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send email from address list and subject list

Hello, Here is my problem. there are two files. first.txt <<< contains email address ====== abc@mail.com abd@mail.com abe@mail.com second.txt <<< contains webpage links ======== http//www.test.com/abc/index.html http://www.test.com/abd/index.html http://www.test.com/abe/index.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List certain file in a folder and make list

Hi, im having problem that frustate me today. there are list of file in a folder that i want to grab the folder /subject/items/ in this folder there are this file CREATE_SUBxxxx.xml UPDATE_SUBxxxx.xml DELETE_SUBxxxx.xml loginresponsexxxxx.xml core how can i grab all the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrisetia
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl qw list to text file list?

Does anyone have a good example? I am having trouble looping.. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bad records from file and move them into a file then send those via email

Hi my requirement is that i want pull the bad records from input file and move those records in to a seperate file. that file has to be sent via email.. any suggentions please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sxk4999
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check Error File attach and email zip file

I need something to say if these two file extensions exist in this directory *err and *rpt zip up these files into one zip file and email them to me. If they don't exist wait 2 hours and check again.... Not sure how to determine if I need to do an if then statement or a while true or a for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)