Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Tracing a user and logging his actions Post 302112529 by zazzybob on Wednesday 28th of March 2007 07:24:26 PM
Old 03-28-2007
You could do something like this. Beware the ethical and legal complications of such actions, however.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

see user's actions from another terminal

I would like to know if there is a way to see what a user is doing from another terminal. I want to be able to see exactly what they see on their terminal. Is that possible ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: silver40
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User logging log

Hi, Does anybody knows is there a way or how to records user logging record? thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

tracing a user's session

hi, does anyone knows how to trace a user session on a unix system: i want to log these things 1- login 2- date of starting session 3- date of closing session i've tryed who and last but they don't give closing time of session regards hmaiida (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Auditing User's actions

Hi all I hope to find what i'm looking for in this forum as said in the topic i want to track user's actions on the system. i mean also the action of moving or removing files. I have an HP 9000 with HP UX 11i. the users log on the HP from a terminal window under WIndows XP Thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timberland
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tracing a user input

Hi, i need to get a log of all the commands typed and output of those commands fired by a specific user on my sun machine. Also i need to trace all commands and inputs given from a specific IP on my machine. Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

6. AIX

Logging user logins

I want to know how I can turn off and turn on login logging. We have a server that appears to have stopped logging user logins. Running the who command shows nothing and the last command shows no logins for a month. The var/adm/wtmp file isn't full and there is plenty of space in the var file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging User Sessions

Hello, I am using a Linux server (Ubuntu 11.04 Server) to host some files and a code repository. Because we are using ssh + svn to connect to the repository, our users have normal ssh access. What I would like to do is log their user sessions so that I have an audit trail in the event that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisb1609
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Logging

Hi, I have several engineers logging into servers with the same system username and passwords eg root. I was thinking about adding a script to bashrc where a user is forced upon login to enter their name and once that has executed there history is logged/redirected to a log file somewhere. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxwellhouse
10 Replies
GLANCE-CONTROL(1)						      Glance							 GLANCE-CONTROL(1)

NAME
glance-control - Glance Daemon Control Helper GLANCE DAEMON START
/STOP/RELOAD HELPER SYNOPSIS glance-control [options] <SERVER> <COMMAND> [CONFPATH] Where <SERVER> is one of: all, api, registry, scrubber And command is one of: start, stop, shutdown, restart, reload, force-reload And CONFPATH is the optional configuration file to use. OPTIONS --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --config-file=PATH Path to a config file to use. Multiple config files can be specified, with values in later files taking precedence. The default files used are: [] -d, --debug Print debugging output --nodebug Do not print debugging output -v, --verbose Print more verbose output --noverbose Do not print more verbose output --log-config=PATH If this option is specified, the logging configuration file specified is used and overrides any other logging options specified. Please see the Python logging module documentation for details on logging configuration files. --log-format=FORMAT A logging.Formatter log message format string which may use any of the available logging.LogRecord attributes. Default: none --log-date-format=DATE_FORMAT Format string for %(asctime)s in log records. Default: none --log-file=PATH (Optional) Name of log file to output to. If not set, logging will go to stdout. --log-dir=LOG_DIR (Optional) The directory to keep log files in (will be prepended to --logfile) --use-syslog Use syslog for logging. --nouse-syslog Do not use syslog for logging. --syslog-log-facility=SYSLOG_LOG_FACILITY syslog facility to receive log lines --pid-file=PATH File to use as pid file. Default: /var/run/glance/$server.pid SEE ALSO o OpenStack Glance BUGS o Glance is sourced in Launchpad so you can view current bugs at OpenStack Glance AUTHOR
OpenStack COPYRIGHT
2010-present, OpenStack, LLC. 2012.1.1 March 14, 2013 GLANCE-CONTROL(1)