Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Explanation of error message(s) Post 302112495 by jkm on Wednesday 28th of March 2007 10:52:44 AM
Old 03-28-2007
Thanks there is certainly a lot of info out there.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error message

Hi All, occasionally my server gives this error messages "NOTICE:HTFS Out of inodes on HTFS dev hd (1/42)" why ?? Alice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisev
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

Hi everyone, Can anyone explain what the following error refers to...and perhaps a solution? vxfs: vx_nospace -/tmp file system full (8 block extent) Thanks, Uni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

I'm getting an error - symbol referencing errors. No output written to, etc Can anybody tell me why this is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

What does this means? - ERROR OPENING FILE - KEY LENGHT MISMATCH (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDM00
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I keep getting an error message in a script im writing, this line is allways pointed out. if and this is the message i keep getting. line 32: [: 8: unary operator expected Whats wrong with it? Please Help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
5 Replies

6. Linux

error message

Hello I got this message error on my box with linux red hat 2887a374 WsServer E WSVR0009E: Error occurred during startup Do you know what does that mean ! Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I am getting a error message when I try to assign this? Can someone help I am new to unix? $ First-name=james ksh:First-Name=james not found (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

network message explanation pls

Hi guys, I know some about networking but I know some message below but Can anyone give me full explanation about these message below and how to generate these messages 1 14:52:49.463851 arp who-has 192.168.0.107 tell 192.168.0.108 2 14:52:49.463851 arp reply 192.168.0.107 is-at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peac3
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Value Too Great for Base Error, Explanation and Workout needed

Hey Friends, its me again! :o I was asked to create a script that would go into our backup directories and delete/purge anything in the directory after a certain amount of days, normally I would be able to write something up that goes to the directory finds it and deletes it. cd... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
12 Replies
Dbg(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    Dbg(3)

NAME
PDL::Dbg - functions to support debugging of PDL scripts SYNOPSIS
use PDL; use PDL::Dbg; $c = $a->slice("5:10,2:30")->px->diagonal(3,4); PDL->px; DESCRIPTION
This packages implements a couple of functions that should come in handy when debugging your PDL scripts. They make a lot of sense while you're doing rapid prototyping of new PDL code, let's say inside the perldl shell. FUNCTIONS
px Print info about a piddle (or all known piddles) perldl> PDL->px perldl> $b += $a->clump(2)->px('clumptest')->sumover perldl> $a->px('%C (%A) Type: %T') This function prints some information about piddles. It can be invoked as a class method (e.g. "PDL->px" ) or as an instance method (e.g. "$pdl->px($arg)"). If invoked as a class method it prints info about all piddles found in the current package (excluding "my" variables). This comes in quite handy when you are not quite sure which pdls you have already defined, what data they hold , etc. "px" is supposed to support inheritance and prints info about all symbols for which an "isa($class)" is true. An optional string argument is interpreted as the package name for which to print symbols: perldl> PDL->px('PDL::Mypack') The default package is that of the caller. invoked as an instance method it prints info about that particular piddle if $PDL::debug is true and returns the pdl object upon completion. It accepts an optional string argument that is simply prepended to the default info if it doesn't contain a "%" character. If, however, the argument contains a "%" then the string is passed to the "info" method to control the format of the printed information. This can be used to achieve customized output from "px". See the documentation of "PDL::info" for further details. The output of px will be determined by the default formatting string that is passed to the "info" method (unless you pass a string containing "%" to px when invoking as an instance method, see above). This default string is stored in $PDL::Dbg::Infostr and the default output format can be accordingly changed by setting this variable. If you do this you should also change the default title string that the class method branch prints at the top of the listing to match your new format string. The default title is stored in the variable $PDL::Dbg::Title. For historical reasons "vars" is an alias for "px". vars Alias for "px" BUGS
There are probably some. Please report if you find any. Bug reports should be sent to the PDL mailing list perldl@jachw.hawaii.edu. AUTHOR
Copyright(C) 1997 Christian Soeller (c.soeller@auckland.ac.nz). All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. perl v5.12.1 2009-10-17 Dbg(3)