Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parse file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse file Post 302112353 by anbu23 on Tuesday 27th of March 2007 01:21:45 PM
Old 03-27-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasetty
I would like to have the output between
"ADDRS" and ";" only
with this input I am not getting the address part.

Can you please help

SAM
ADDRS 64874 FRANKLYN DR
IRVINE TX -
'74394;
538 FRED ASSOCIATES
PETER
ADDRS 84734 PANTHER CREEK
OWENSMOUTH MI - 88347;
3643 HARRIS
Code:
sed -n "/^ADDRS/,/;/p" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

12 Ways to Parse a file

A common thing in shell scripting. I came across this script that will be useful for people learning to write script. #!/usr/bin/ksh # # SCRIPT: 12_ways_to_parse.ksh.ksh # # # REV: 1.2.A # # PURPOSE: This script shows the different ways of reading # a file line by line. Again... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to parse the file

# Start "ABC" SFFd 0 4 Time SFFT 4 8 {Sec} User SFFTimeVal 12 8 {Sec} # Start "CP" SFFT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsharan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to parse the jil file into an excel file

Hi I have the following as input /* ----------------- backupJIL ----------------- */ insert_job: backupJIL job_type: c command: autorep -J ALL -q > /home/autosys/...p/autosys_jil_bk machine: machine owner: autosys@machine permission: gx,ge,wx,we date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file

FILE1 2917,065A,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,05E:0_10E:0,BL_lmwsp02,0345,xxx,3452(DR) 2917,03EA,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0455,xxx,3ee4(DR) 2917,03EB,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0345,xxx,2d34(DR)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse file names

trying to parse out all parts of this file name. REC=`echo "CAMXI.F0150.txt" | sed 's/.*\(*\).*/\1/'` export "FLRECL=$REC" FLECL=0150 I can get the numbers 0150 out of the file name. But need to capture first 5 bytes and extension. So i would export 3 variables (name, length, extension)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rapalanlord
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse fasta file to tabular file

Hello, A bioperl problem I thought could be done with awk: convert the fasta format (Note: the length of each row is not the same for each entry as they were combined from different files!) to tabular format. input.fasta: >YAL069W-1.334 Putative promoter sequence... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a file?

Hi guys I have a very long file which looks like this: y893 89:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y895 90:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y897 90:send prctmgr exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies
ap(8)							      System Manager's Manual							     ap(8)

NAME
ap - Parses addresses RFC 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/ap [-form file] [-format string] [-help] [-[no]normalize] [-width columns] addrs... OPTIONS
Overrides the default output format of ap. The output is formatted according to the instructions in the specified file. This must be a format file; see mh-format(4). Overrides the default output format of ap. The output is formatted according to the instructions in the specified string. This must be a format string; see mh-format(4). The argument to the -format option must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes ap. Therefore, you should usually place the argument to this option inside double quotes ("). Prints a list of the valid options to this command. The -normalize option tells ap to try to find the official host name of the address. This is the default behavior, which can be suppressed using the -nonormalize option. Specifies the width of the screen in columns. DESCRIPTION
The ap program parses addresses according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many nonstandard formats. It is useful for seeing how MH will interpret an address. The ap program treats each argument as one or more addresses, and prints those addresses in the official RFC 822 format. Hence, it is usu- ally best to enclose each argument in double quotes (") for the shell. In addition to the standard escapes, ap also recognizes the additional escape error, which is a diagnostic that is returned if the parsing operation failed. The default settings for the ap command are -normalize and -width columns, where columns is equal to the the width of the terminal. RESTRICTIONS
On systems where MH is configured with the BERK option, address parsing is not enabled. EXAMPLES
This is the default format string used by ap: %<{error}%{error}: %{text}%|%(proper{text})%> If an error was detected, the preceding string instructs ap to print the error, a colon (:), and the address that is in error. Otherwise, the ap command output is the proper RFC 822 format of the address. FILES
User profile. System customization file. SEE ALSO
Commands: dp(8) Files: mh-format(4) Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC 822) ap(8)