Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: semaphores
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting semaphores Post 302112283 by Raghuram.P on Tuesday 27th of March 2007 05:56:38 AM
Old 03-27-2007
Hi,
Try this one
ipcs -s | awk '{print $2}' | xargs -o ipcrm

Thanks
Raghu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Semaphores

Dear Reader, I'm in a multiprocess environment working with shared mem and semaphores as mutex.. The problem is -- If one of the process hooked up with the semaphore and accessing the shared mem, terminates abruptly ( or got killed ), other process which are in want of the semaphore are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joseph_shibu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Semaphores

Hi all, I am using HP 10.20 on A 9000/785. My question is: If I am the only person logged in as root at the moment, how many "semaphore proccesses" should I have?? Is it only one, or it is relevant to other system proccesses? Here is what I get listing the current semaphores # ipcs -sp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guest100
1 Replies

3. Programming

semaphores

Hi there, Could someone please confirm which POSIX semaphore routines should be used for a multiprocess (and not multithreaded) environment? sys/sem.h definitely works. but the routines, semget, semctl, semop are pretty unwieldy. So, I am looking for an easier way out. From the man pages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qntmteleporter
2 Replies

4. Programming

semaphores using up and down

been searching around on how to use an up and down function with semaphores but i can't find an example. i looked into using: "semop" but i have no idea how to use it. I have been able to declared the semaphores using semget and initializing them using semctl. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddx08
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How many semaphores?

Hello, first of all I apologize if this thread is not in the correct section of this forum, but this one just seemed the most appropriate. The question I have does not concern Unix specifically, it applies to virtually any OS, however it is in Unix where I learned about this problem. So, the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Watto86
8 Replies

6. Programming

Semaphores Urgent

Hello, Iam trying to implement the sleeping barber problem using semaphores and running on UNIX machine. Iam linking it to the thread libraries : bash-2.03$ g++ sleepingBarber.cpp -lpthread -o sleeping but when i execute it i get the following error: bash-2.03$ sleeping Starting Program... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit.choudhary
4 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with semaphores

Hello, I was doing an exercise of semaphores and shared memory, namely the barbers: -B number of barbers -S number of chairs -C number of customers. I have done already and I compiled the code, but when run I get an error segment. Can not be and it took several days. If anyone sees the error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciudadwifi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

semaphores

I am having problem with semaphores. I am trying to protect line where process prints so that every process with print in proper order.This is the code.. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/sem.h> #include <sys/types.h> union... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
3 Replies

9. Programming

about Semaphores

Hello Everybody, I am building a server. this server contains some data. Clients may modify this data or read this data. If a client is reading the data and at the same time another client is modifying the data then at this case the reading client may read some false data (some old mixed with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Omar_Mokhtar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Semaphores

Hi, Can somebody please explain me what semaphores are? there purpose? and there effects? Thanks in advance:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
0 Replies
ipcrm(1)							   User Commands							  ipcrm(1)

NAME
ipcrm - remove a message queue, semaphore set, or shared memory ID SYNOPSIS
ipcrm [-z zone] [-m shmid] [-q msqid] [-s semid] [-M shmkey] [-Q msgkey] [-S semkey] DESCRIPTION
ipcrm removes one or more messages, semaphores, or shared memory identifiers. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -z zone Keys specified by other options refer to facilities in the specified zone (see zones(5)). The default is the zone in which the command is executing. This option is only useful when the command is executed in the global zone. The identifiers are specified by the following options: -m shmid Removes the shared memory identifier shmid from the system. The shared memory segment and data structure associated with it are destroyed after the last detach. -q msqid Removes the message queue identifier msqid from the system and destroys the message queue and data structure associated with it. -s semid Removes the semaphore identifier semid from the system and destroys the set of semaphores and data structure associated with it. -M shmkey Removes the shared memory identifier, created with key shmkey, from the system. The shared memory segment and data struc- ture associated with it are destroyed after the last detach. -Q msgkey Removes the message queue identifier, created with key msgkey, from the system and destroys the message queue and data structure associated with it. -S semkey Removes the semaphore identifier, created with key semkey, from the system and destroys the set of semaphores and data structure associated with it. The details of the removes are described in msgctl(2), shmctl(2), and semctl(2). Use the ipcs command to find the identifiers and keys. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of ipcrm: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWipc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipcs(1), msgctl(2), msgget(2), msgrcv(2), msgsnd(2), semctl(2), semget(2), semop(2), shmctl(2), shmget(2), shmop(2), attributes(5), envi- ron(5), standards(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Jan 2004 ipcrm(1)