Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to delete the files from local host to remote host Post 302112036 by krishna176 on Saturday 24th of March 2007 03:09:14 PM
Old 03-24-2007
Thanks alot Nagarajan Ganesan,

one more doubt: shall i delete the files (which are existing already) in develop ment server from production only.

i donot go to development server and delete the files.so i want this whole process is done from production server to development server only.

thanks advance for understanding

regards
krishna

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backing up files to a remote host question.

I need to know how to successfully back up(and compress) files from a local machine to a remote host. Will this work? tar -cvf backup.tar -C /user/somedir | gzip backup.tar | rsh some.domain.com/user/somedir thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WeNdeL
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Tar files, transfer to remote host and delelte source

Hi, I´m having a problem here. I have a directory that holds many subdirs and files (by many I mean MANY thousands). What I want to do is make blocks of these files and transfer them block by block to a remote host; but once a given file is already placed in the remote host, the script must... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dago
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands to remote host from centralized host

Gurus/Experts We have a centralized UNIX/Solaris server from where we can actually ssh to all other UNIX/Solaris servers...I need to write a script that reside on this centerlized server and do FileSystem monitoring (basically run df -h or -k) of other remote servers and then send an email to me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer large number of files host to host

Hello.... I have two servers, one has an empty / and the other has a subdirectory with a large number (4 gig) with many, many files. I need a way to transfer the files en masse from the server with the large number of files to the one that is essentially blank. I don't have space on the used... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp or rsync multiple files in parallel from a remote host

Hi. I'm trying to speed up an rsync command by running it in parallel. There's no real option for this other than if the files are in multiple directories (which they're not). And even then there's no way of knowing if rsync has succeeded as the process is running in the background .. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Big_Jeffrey
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from local host to a list of remote hosts --- perl script

Hi friends, i need to prepare a script ( in perl) i have a file called "demo.exe" in my local unix host. i have a list of remote hosts in a file "hosts.txt" now i need to push "demo.exe" file to all the hosts in "hosts.txt" file. for this i need to prepare a script(in perl, but shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
BOS_DELETE(8)						       AFS Command Reference						     BOS_DELETE(8)

NAME
bos_delete - Deletes a server process from the BosConfig file SYNOPSIS
bos delete -server <machine name> -instance <server process name>+ [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos d -s <machine name> -i <server process name>+ [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos delete command removes the /etc/openafs/BosConfig entry for each process indicated by the -instance argument, on the server machine named by the -server argument. Before issuing this command, issue the bos stop command to stop the process and set its status flag in the BosConfig file to "NotRun". The bos delete command fails with an error message if a process's status flag is "Run". OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine on which to delete the server process entry from the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -instance <server process name>+ Names each process to delete. Use the name assigned with the -instance argument to the bos create command; process names appear in the output of the bos status command. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command removes the buserver, kaserver, ptserver, and vlserver entries from the BosConfig file on "db3.abc.com", a database server machine being decommissioned. % bos delete -server db3.abc.com -instance buserver kaserver ptserver vlserver PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos delete command cannot be run against servers which are in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_create(8), bos_status(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_DELETE(8)