Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fill a NIL into the blank field Post 302111829 by happyv on Friday 23rd of March 2007 02:26:17 AM
Old 03-23-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoden
Plz try this..

or
but you echo one record.....ONLY
I have a file which over 100,000 record and I would to fill all records like this format...any idea

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: How to check if field is blank?

In awk, I'd like to check if a field is blank. And by blank I mean, the field could be "" or " " In other words, the field could either be empty, or be filled with spaces. Would the regex look like this? $5 ~ // { Action }? What other ways are there? Hmm.. in any case I think... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include field separator if there are blank fields?

Hi, I have the following data in the format as shown (note: there are more than 1 blank spaces between each field and the spaces are not uniform, meaning there can be one blank space between field1 and field2 and 3 spaces between field3 and field4, in this example, # are the spaces in between... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReV
19 Replies

3. Programming

Zero Fill 10 position field

Hi everyone, I am using shell scripting on a Unix SCO box. It calls a C program named zerofill. I do not know anything about C. I am having an issue with a hash total that should only be zero filled 10 positions but the record has 11 positions. DEBUG RESULTS + nice -n -5 bc -l /tmp/fhash8395... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace blank in the last field

Hi all, I have a huge file and I need to get ride of the fields 6-11 and replace the blanks in field 5 with a missing value(99999). 159,93848,5354,343,67898,45,677,5443,434,5545,45 677,45545,3522,244, 554,54344,3342,456, 344,43443,2344,444,23477... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removal of blank spaces from the second field!

Hi everyone.. I'm trying to eliminate multiple whitespaces from a file.. I must make use of shell script to eliminate whitespaces.. Take a look at the sample file 1 int main() 2 { 3 int a,b; 4 printf("Enter the values of a and b"); 5 scanf("%d%d",&a,&b); 6 if(a>b) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abk07
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an additional blank field to a file

Hi, I have the following file, I'd like to add an additional blank field to this file This is a tab delimited file, I have tried the same thing on excel, but looking for a unix solution. Here is my input: Country Postal Admin4 StreetBaseName StreetType HUN 2243 Kóka Dózsa György ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a blank field

Find a blank field Hi I have set of fields that have some blank values, how to find that and get its line noumbers in output file. Ex: Col1 col2 col3 11 ss 103 12 104 13 105 14 se 106 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a blank field and replace values to NA

Hi All, i have a file like col1 col2 col3 13 24 NA 12 13 14 11 12 13 14 22 NA 18 26 NA in this file if i found "NA" other values in the line are also replace by NA Could you help me! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
7 Replies
form_field_opts(3X)													       form_field_opts(3X)

NAME
form_field_opts - set and get field options SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int set_field_opts(FIELD *field, OPTIONS opts); int field_opts_on(FIELD *field, OPTIONS opts); int field_opts_off(FIELD *field, OPTIONS opts); OPTIONS field_opts(const FIELD *field); DESCRIPTION
The function set_field_opts sets all the given field's option bits (field option bits may be logically-OR'ed together). The function field_opts_on turns on the given option bits, and leaves others alone. The function field_opts_off turns off the given option bits, and leaves others alone. The function field_opts returns the field's current option bits. The following options are defined (all are on by default): O_VISIBLE The field is displayed. If this option is off, display of the field is suppressed, O_ACTIVE The field is visited during processing. If this option is off, the field will not be reachable by navigation keys. Please notice that an invisible field appears to be inactive also. O_PUBLIC The field contents are displayed as data is entered. O_EDIT The field can be edited. O_WRAP Words that don't fit on a line are wrapped to the next line. Words are blank-separated. O_BLANK The field is cleared whenever a character is entered at the first position. O_AUTOSKIP Skip to the next field when this one fills O_NULLOK Allow a blank field. O_STATIC Field buffers are fixed to field's original size. O_PASSOK Validate field only if modified by user. RETURN VALUE
Except for field_opts, each routine returns one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_CURRENT The field is the current field. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), form(3X). NOTES The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. form_field_opts(3X)