Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Hardware Configuration *I'm very new* Post 302111786 by webers on Thursday 22nd of March 2007 06:00:47 PM
Old 03-22-2007
We had recently received a server configuration from one of our other hardware vendors, with what I'm looking at being the recommended specs from this company. Its quite a bit more expensive then we would like to spend. the hardware and software both coming out to well over 30k.

If theres anywhere that you can see that we can cut a little bit without sacrificing too much performance I would GREATLY appreciate it, as I know almost nothing of what is required for a UNIX system.

4.7 GB IDE SLIMLINE DVD-RAM DRIVE
SCSI CABLES PCI RISER TO LVD SCSI Media
2048MB (2X1024MB) DIMMS, DDR-2 SDRAM
NUMBER OF AIX PARTITIONS
CONFIGURATION ORDERED WITHOUT SUBSCRIPTION
ONE PROCESSOR ACTIVATION FOR 1 -CORE & 2.1 (P5+)
1-CORE 2.1GHZ POWER5+0-CORE Active/36mb Cache
ESCALA PL250T+ SYSTEM
PWR GX135P GRAPH ACCEL W DIGIT
73.4 GB ULTRA320 15k SCSI DISK DRIVE Raid 10
DUAL CHANNEL SCSI RAID ENABLEMENT DAUGHTER CARD
36/72GB INTERNAL 4MM DAT TAPE
US POWER SUPPLY
AC POWER SUPPLY, 850W, HOT SWA
16 port Digi Port Server II, RJ45
SCSI Controller to access external 1/4" tape drive
Cable to connect external 1/4" tape drive
External 2.5 gb 1/4" tape drive to read archived tapes only
OEM DESKSIDE COVER SET

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Configuration

Is there a command line that tells me the hardware configuration for a server, the server is BSDI BSD/OS 3.1 Kernel #2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CoastGuard1970
1 Replies

2. SCO

View Hardware Configuration

View Hardware Configuration is not an accessible option on the drop down list on the Open Server SCO Relase 5.05 Why would this be and how can I work around to get into it? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinitygirl71
4 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Hardware commands

Hi All, Needed commands to find Monitor , chassis & keyboard related information on AIX. Please please please help. Thanks VK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to know the hardware configuration on P595 LAPRs

The p595 have 6 Lpars, not all hardware resource assigned to 6 lpars. which command can list all hardware configuration on p595? Do I need go to each lapr to list? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hardware and Software Configuration in UNIX..

Hi, Anybody please let me know the command to find the Hardware and Software components used in any HP-UNIX or Sun Solaris UNIX server ? I need to get all the configuration of the UNIX server. Thanks, Rohit.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronix007
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.2.0 on own hardware -> i550 LPAR

We are running into a problem that we thought had solved but no go... We have multiple machine types but 1 AIX and 2 i550 (AS/400) with 4 lpar each. Existing AIX is an old (2004 vintage) machine with 5.2 on it for historical use only. Existing Power6 i550 running code that will used... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackb_guppy
6 Replies

7. AIX

New to AIX and IBM Hardware. Need some info

Hello all. I'm new to AIX and IBM hardware and I have a question around the configuration of the service processor on the power series. I need to know: 1) How do I get into the service processor from the serial console when AIX is up and running. I come from the Sun world and I tried all I know.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glenc2004
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies

9. AIX

Migrate AIX to new Hardware

Hello Friends/AIXgurus, When you have time, could you please look into below. We're planning to migrate AIX LPARs on to new Hardware. Requirement: Migrate AIX LPARs from POWER 6 to POWER 8 Hardware (*everything should run as is after the transition) Below is our thought process. Ours... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
tz(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     tz(4)

Name
       tz - SCSI magnetic tape interface

Syntax
       VAX NCR 5380:
	 adapter      uba0    at nexus?
	 controller   scsi0   at uba0	 csr 0x200c0080  vector szintr
	 tape	      tz0     at scsi0	 drive 0

VAX DEC SII:
	 adapter      ibus0   at nexus?
	 controller   sii0    at ibus?	 vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at sii0	 drive 0

RISC DEC SII:
	 controller   sii0    at ibus?	 vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at sii0	 drive 0

RISC DEC KZQ:
	 adapter      uba0    at nexus?
	 controller   kzq0    at ibus? csr 0761300vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at kzq0	 drive 0

RISC NCR ASC:
	 controller   asc0    at ibus?	 vector ascintr
	 tape	      tz0     at asc0	 drive 0

Description
       The SCSI tape driver provides a standard tape drive interface as described in This is a driver for any Digital SCSI tape device.

For  the  TZK10	QIC  format tape drive, the densities supported are QIC-24 (read only) block size of 512 byte blocks, QIC-120, and QIC-150
       read/write block size of 512 byte blocks, and QIC-320 read/write block size of 1024 byte blocks.  With QIC format style tapes all reads and
       writes  must  be  in  multiple  of the block size.  This is a requirement of fixed block tape drives because record boundaries are not pre-
       served.	The QIC densities are selected using the following special device names:

QIC-24 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-120 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-150 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-320 Fixed block size.

With all fixed block tape devices a of a file to the tape must be padded out.  An example of this is a of which has a size of approximately
       3800 bytes.
       dd if=/etc/gettytab of=/dev/rmt0h bs=10k conv=sync
	 or
       dd if=/etc/gettytab of=/dev/rmt0l bs=512 conv=sync
       The option of pads the output to block size.

This  driver  also  supports  n-buffered  reads	and  writes  to the raw tape interface (used with streaming tape drives).  See for further
       details.

Tape Support
       TZ30, TZK50, TLZ04, TSZ05, TKZ08, TZK10

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem.

Files
See Also
       mtio(4), nbuf(4), SCSI(4), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

tz(4)