Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to change a set of lines between two given Pattrens Post 302111603 by Raghuram.P on Thursday 22nd of March 2007 01:08:00 AM
Old 03-22-2007
HI,
If you can use AWK then try this awk code
BEGIN{
COMMENT="TCSCMT* ";
}
{
if($0 ~ /^EVALUATE/)
{
printf("%s%s\n",COMMENT,$0);
getline;
while(1)
{
printf("%s%s\n",COMMENT,$0);
if($0 ~ /^END-EVALUATE/)
{
break;
}
getline;
}
}
else
{
printf("%s\n",$0);
}
}
END{
}
Thanks
Raghuram

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between pattrens.

i wanted to search between pattrens so i used awk /"EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS"/,/END-IF/ but the some change is AAAAAAAA EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS IF ..... END-IF.... XXXXXx XXX IF (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and insert between Pattrens...

Hi Every One... I wanted to inserted a line in between matched pattrens.. Ex... InPut File.. WRITEQ TS ************************** aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccccccccccccccccccccccc SOME PATTREN's RESP ( WS-RESP ) ... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between pattrens with one string in one or other line........

Hi have a lots of files with this type of code Example--1 PROCEDURE DIVISION USING AAA BBB CCC. Example--2 PROCEDURE DIVISION Some Commented Lines.... USING AAA BBB CCC. Example--3 (12 Replies)
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does set also change setenv variables?

I thought that set and setenv was easy enough to understand until I started experimenting. I noticed the same problem in a previous thread, so I will use it as an example. set command gave the following output: argv () cwd /homes/e/ee325328/assignment.2 home /homes/e/ee325328 path ( a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benwj
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permission for a set of files

Hi there, I want to change from this permission -r-xr-xr-x to -r-xr-xr-- for a set of files under unix. Can someone help me to go-about doing this in one shot. Cheers, RN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
2 Replies

6. Solaris

help me to change the character set

dears i am using solaris 10 i am facing a problem when i make setup for solaris i choose the country egypt and i select the language north america but i forget to do that the i found the date Jun written in arabic i want to change character set to written in english -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosney00ux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing certain lines with another set of lines

i have a huge script that i need to replace a bunch of lines in. in that script, i have a chunk similar to: JABABA=$(if ; then echo afafafa afafafafaf afafafafe fdfdfdfadfadl fafafafkkkk fi) I would like to replace the above chunk with: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

PROC_MEM_RES how to set/unset/change

Hi all, Does anyone know how to change PROC_MEM_RES? We have a DB server with quite a few oracle instances (RAC) and we are getting critical alerts for PROC_MEM_RES. Anyone know how to increase the current setting or what we should do about it? Thanks in advance. john (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change a set of characters between delimiters?

Hi all, I am trying to write a script for renaming some files and I can't understand how to replace a set of characters between delimiters with sed. The current filename is: <ID1>_<ID2>_<DATE>_<ID3>.PDF And I need to get the following: <ID1>_<ID2>_<DATE>_X01<ID2>.PDF I have tried the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartleby
5 Replies
XML::Smart::DTD(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      XML::Smart::DTD(3pm)

NAME
XML::Smart::DTD - DTD parser for XML::Smart. DESCRIPTION
This will parse DTD and provides methods to access the information stored in the DTD. USAGE
use XML::Smart::DTD ; my $dtd = XML::Smart::DTD->new('some.dtd') ; if ( $dtd->child_exists('tag1','subtag1') ) { ... } use Data::Dumper ; print Dumper( $dtd->tree ) ; new METHODS
attr_exists ( TAG , ATTR ) Return TRUE if the attribute exists in the element TAG. child_exists ( TAG , CHILD ) Return TRUE if the child exists in the element TAG. elem_exists ( TAG ) Return TRUE if the element TAG exists. error Return the error list. get_attr_def ( TAG , ATTR ) Return the default value of an attribute get_attr_type ( TAG , ATTR ) Return the attribute type. get_attr_values ( TAG , ATTR ) Return the defined values of an attribute. get_attrs ( TAG ) Return the attribute list of a element. get_attrs_req ( TAG ) Return the required attribute list of a element. get_childs ( TAG ) Return the child list of an element. get_childs_req ( TAG ) Return the required child list of an element. get_elem_opt ( TAG ) Return the occurrence option of an element: ! REQUIRED AND ONLY ONE MATCH + 1 or more * 0 or more ? 0 or 1 get_elem_child_opt ( TAG , CHILD ) Same of get_elem_opt() but this element as a child of an element. is_attr_fix ( TAG , ATTR ) Return TRUE if an attribute is FIXED. is_attr_req ( TAG , ATTR ) Return TRUE if an attribute is REQUIRED. is_elem_any ( TAG ) Return TRUE if an element is ANY. is_elem_child_multi ( TAG , CHILD ) Return TRUE if an element can have multiple occurrences as a child of TAG. is_elem_child_opt ( TAG , CHILD ) Return TRUE if an element is optional as a child of TAG. is_elem_child_req ( TAG , CHILD ) Return TRUE if an element is optional as a child of TAG. is_elem_child_uniq ( TAG , CHILD ) Return TRUE if an element is required and unique as a child of TAG. is_elem_pcdata ( TAG ) Return TRUE if an element is PCDATA (have content). is_elem_empty ( TAG ) Return TRUE if an element is EMPTY (doesn't have attributes, content or children). is_elem_multi ( TAG ) Return TRUE if an element can have multiple occurrences globally. is_elem_opt ( TAG ) Return TRUE if an element is optional globally. is_elem_parent ( TAG , @PARENTS ) Return TRUE if the list of @PARENTS can be parent of element TAG. is_elem_req Return TRUE if an element is required globally. is_elem_uniq Return TRUE if an element is unique and required globally. root Return the root name of the DTD. tree Return the HASH tree of the DTD. SEE ALSO
XML::Smart, XML::DTDParser. AUTHOR
Graciliano M. P. <gm@virtuasites.com.br> I will appreciate any type of feedback (include your opinions and/or suggestions). ;-P THANKS
Thanks to Jenda@Krynicky.cz http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz that is the author of XML::DTDParser. COPYRIGHT
The DTD parser was based on XML-DTDParser-1.7 by Jenda@Krynicky.cz http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2004-09-01 XML::Smart::DTD(3pm)