Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to use classes in c ?!?!? Post 302111574 by atticus on Wednesday 21st of March 2007 07:36:09 PM
Old 03-21-2007
how to use classes in c ?!?!?

Hi,
I've tried to use classes in my program, but the compiler simply gives an error on the word class . Am I the only one with this problem ? I have no idea how to use classes in c in linux environment(suse). If you've got any idea what should I do I would be very thankful.

Thanks to ya all !
@tticus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Use of C++ Classes

I was wondering if I could put the section at the beginning rather than at the end before the definition of the class. const REAL ModMisfit::DefMinDT = 0.01; const REAL ModMisfit::DefSigma0 = 0.01; const double ModMisfit::DefDAngSh = 2; const REAL ModMisfit::DefKBeta = 5;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep character classes '\w' '\d'

I am learning regex fundamentals on my own and when I try to use \w for characters (i.e. ), or \d for digits () it doesnt work even though I see in greps man page that \w should be the same as ]... ] and those types of syntactic character classes do work for me, its just the shorthand \w \W and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

3. Programming

Separating two classes in two files

I have a file Map.hh shown below. I want to put the two classes Phase and Map in two different files Phase.hh and Map.hh. I have forward declaration before the Map class. How can I tackle this situation? ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #ifndef... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Programming

c++ help with class(new to classes)

Hello there, I am new to using classes, and have been having so many problems. I don't want to go to my teacher if I don't have to, because it is always my luck that it is something easy that I just overlooked somehow. I have been working on this for 3 days and I can't get it to read from a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KingAroan
1 Replies

5. Programming

Writing C++ program Arguments and Classes

I want to write a C++ program that uses a class to do some calculations. I pass arguments to the program, some of which are used to set up class members. A class function will then perform the necessary calculations. I am wondering how I should pass the arguments from the program to set the... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help separating file lines into three classes

Hi folks, What I have are config files with lines that: are blank, start with a "!" or start with char's(or a blank space and then char's) I am using ksh I can display each line by doing: for INDEX in {0..$LENGTH} do echo "${data}" done What I need to do requires I can... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
12 Replies

7. Programming

OOP in FORTRAN derived classes

I am using an extended class to describe a point in 2-D The following is my program, after that the definition of the classes I am getting the following error gfortran gshapes.f08 gshapes_utest.f08 -o gshapes_utest.x gshapes_utest.f08:53.27: call ellips%set_ellipse (crnr1, crnr2) ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Programming

Set java classes path

I add some new java jar files in the old project, how can I edit the class path? How can I compile all the java classes by just type 'C':o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
3 Replies

9. Programming

Java Abstract Classes

Can anyone tell me if this is correct when creating classes in Java? public abstract class Animal { public class Point { public int x,y; } public class Animal { protected Point loc; protected String name; protected Random rng; String... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalence classes don't work

Hello: I can't get equivalence classes to work in globs or when passing them to tr. If I understood correctly, matches e, é, è, ê, etc. But when using them with utilities like tr they don't work. Here's an example found in the POSIX standard: I decided to create the aforementioned files in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cacializ
9 Replies
classes(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 					       classes(3U)

NAME
classes - unique identifiers for catalog-managed objects and component views SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/classes.h> DESCRIPTION
Classes for catalog-managed objects, including components, commands, tools, state variables, and transfer functions, must be associated with mutually-unique class identifiers that can be written onto disk. This allows a creator object to call the appropriate constructor as part of recreating an object from disk. Also, there must be a mechanism for creating an appropriate view given a subject; that is, there must be an association between a subject class and allowable view classes for that subject. This association is established by defining class identifiers for component views. These identifiers are formed by concatenating the identifier for a given component subject class with an identifier that specifies a ``view category.'' For example, the class identifier for the PostScript external view of a line component is the concatenation of the identifier for the line component subject class and POSTSCRIPT_VIEW identifier, which specifies the category of external views for generating Post- Script. This makes it possible to create an instance of the appropriate PostScript external view subclass given a line component subject. The class identifiers for the Unidraw base and predefined derived classes are specified in the classes.h include file. Applications that define new catalog-managed objects or component views should define unique class identifiers in a similar manner. Class identifiers for catalog-managed objects are simply integers with mnemonic macro definitions, usually the class name in all-uppercase. For example, the identifier for the LineComp component subject class is #define LINE_COMP 9030 View class identifiers are specified using the Combine macro, which takes as its first argument the macro definition of the corresponding component subject identifier; its second argument is an identifier for the view category. The Combine macro itself is then defined with a mnemonic name. For example, the identifier for the PostScript external view class PSLine (which generates PostScript for the line compo- nent subject) is defined as #define PS_LINE Combine(LINE_COMP, POSTSCRIPT_VIEW) where the POSTSCRIPT_VIEW view category identifier is defined as #define POSTSCRIPT_VIEW 9103 N.B.: All class identifiers in a given application must be unique. SEE ALSO
Catalog(3U), Creator(3U) Unidraw 12 June 1990 classes(3U)