Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Event Monitor notification : Severity Serious : what does that mean ??? Post 302111573 by Perderabo on Wednesday 21st of March 2007 07:35:36 PM
Old 03-21-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by touny
I receive this mail but don't know how to proceed..
You should replace the disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touny
So I don't see any errors on the disk mentioned on the event notification.
Correct, you won't. This sentence: "All errors have been recovered and no data have been lost." was trying to tell you that. Just wait until the disk dies. Then you will see the errors.

ioscan detects the presence of drives. diskinfo uses a scsi command to ask the drive to describe itself.

There are diagnostics and you might be able to run them if you have them installed. See http://docs.hp.com/en/diag/stm/sth_cstm.htm

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Severity Level in syslog.conf

To change the syslog.conf file to log every attempt like (Failed Login Attempts), what severity level must it be at? is it .notice or .err....not sure on this.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get DHCP address change event notification programmatically?

Hello Experts, I am working on a software that has network client-server architecture. I need to have a mechanism that notifies me upon change of dhcp address change locally or at remote machine. Windows have IP Helper APIs to get address change notification. Is there something similar in Unix?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GajendraSharma
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes?

Hi Unix Members, Can anyone guide me to write one shell script to monitor the attach screen processes and when interrupted mail us. , like the processes - /bin/ciserver , /bin/clock , /bin/cserver , /bin/main Please looking forward you guys help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajitnitd
6 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
diaglogd(1M)															      diaglogd(1M)

NAME
diaglogd - Support Tools Manager logging daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/sys/diaglogd DESCRIPTION
The Support Tools Manager (STM) uses a logging daemon ( diaglogd ) to read diagnostic events from the kernel via diag2 (diagnostic pseudo driver) and logs them in the system log files. diaglogd is launched automatically at boot by the STM daemon diagmond. The STM User Interface, xstm , mstm , or cstm , Daemon commands can also be used to launch the daemon as well as shut it down and view the daemon's activity log. The log files created by diaglogd can be viewed using the STM utility logtool. Application Usage This daemon will be deprecated on new server models. Please use System Management Homepage (see hpsmh(1M)). WARNINGS
The following message will appear on the system console when the diagnostic logging facility determines that the I/O subsystem has started logging excessive I/O errors. This message will appear only once and I/O errors will be lost until the diagnostic subsystem can recover from this condition. DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM WARNING: The diagnostic logging facility has started receiving excessive errors from the I/O subsystem. I/O error entries will be lost until the cause of the excessive I/O logging is corrected. If the diaglogd daemon is not active, use the Daemon Startup command in stm to start it. If the diaglogd daemon is active, use the logtool utility in stm to determine which I/O subsystem is logging excessive errors. The following message will appear on the system console when the cause of the excessive I/O error logging is corrected. The total number of I/O errors that were dropped will be placed in "XX". DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM WARNING: The diagnostic logging facility is no longer receiving excessive errors from the I/O subsystem. XX I/O error entries were lost. OTHER FILES
/dev/diag/diag0 - Series 800 Diagnostic pseudo driver device file /dev/diag/diag1 - Series 700 Diagnostic pseudo driver device file /dev/diag/diag2 - Series 700/800 Diagnostic pseudo driver device file /var/stm/logs/sys/activity_log_diaglogd - Activity log of diaglogd /var/stm/logs/os/log##.raw - OS system log files /var/stm/logs/os/log##.raw.cur - Current OS system log file /var/stm/config/sys/diaglogd.cfg - Diagmond configuration /var/stm/data/daemon_list - List of daemons installed /var/stm/data/key_file - OS resource key file COPYRIGHT
(c) Copyright 1995, Hewlett-Packard Company ORIGIN
diaglogd was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
stm(1M), diagmond(1M) diaglogd(1M)