Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Event Monitor notification : Severity Serious : what does that mean ??? Post 302111566 by touny on Wednesday 21st of March 2007 06:17:08 PM
Old 03-21-2007
Really not clear for me as I am not conforable with hp drivers, disks etc... and much more withc aix systems.
So for me it is not clear of what I have to do. I mean if I have a disk on error on aix I can check on the errpt log and see if it is missing status check with the diag commands etc... but with HP I don't know where to check if the disk is really in bad situation and need to be change etc... I receive this mail but don't know how to proceed..
I have check on docs ho and don't find anything about the disk troubleshouting.

If you can help your welcome

Sorry but I am still lost !

Thanks for your reply

Cheers
Al

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Severity Level in syslog.conf

To change the syslog.conf file to log every attempt like (Failed Login Attempts), what severity level must it be at? is it .notice or .err....not sure on this.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get DHCP address change event notification programmatically?

Hello Experts, I am working on a software that has network client-server architecture. I need to have a mechanism that notifies me upon change of dhcp address change locally or at remote machine. Windows have IP Helper APIs to get address change notification. Is there something similar in Unix?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GajendraSharma
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes?

Hi Unix Members, Can anyone guide me to write one shell script to monitor the attach screen processes and when interrupted mail us. , like the processes - /bin/ciserver , /bin/clock , /bin/cserver , /bin/main Please looking forward you guys help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajitnitd
6 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
dat_evd_free(3DAT)				     Direct Access Transport Library Functions					dat_evd_free(3DAT)

NAME
dat_evd_free - destroy an instance of the Event Dispatcher SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> DAT_RETURN dat_evd_free ( IN DAT_EVD_HANDLE evd_handle ) PARAMETERS
evd_handle Handle for an instance of the Event Dispatcher. DESCRIPTION
The dat_evd_free() function destroys a specified instance of the Event Dispatcher. All events on the queue of the specified Event Dispatcher are lost. The destruction of the Event Dispatcher instance does not have any effect on any DAT Objects that originated an Event Stream that had fed events to the Event Dispatcher instance. There should be no event streams feeding the Event Dispatcher and no threads blocked on the Event Dispatcher when the EVD is being closed as at the time when it was created. Use of the handle of the destroyed Event Dispatcher in any consequent operation fails. RETURN VALUES
DAT_SUCCESS The operation was successful. DAT_INVALID_HANDLE The evd_handle parameter is invalid DAT_INVALID_STATE Invalid parameter. There are Event Streams associated with the Event Dispatcher feeding it. USAGE
Consumers are advised to destroy all Objects that originate Event Streams that feed an instance of the Event Dispatcher before destroying it. An exception to this rule is Event Dispatchers of an IA. Freeing an IA automatically destroys all Objects associated with it directly and indirectly, including Event Dispatchers. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 16 Jul 2004 dat_evd_free(3DAT)