Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Execute the Output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute the Output Post 302111333 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 20th of March 2007 10:34:12 PM
Old 03-20-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousikan
I am developing a shell script to dynamically generate the DMLs (for hundreds of SQL/Tables) using the gendml command. I want to pass the output of this program(gen_dml.ksh) to a shell and execute it. Can yo give some inputs?

#!/bin/ksh
#Program name :=gen_dml.ksh
echo m_db gendml oracle.dbc -select "'"`cat dim_calendar.sel.sql`"'" > dim_calendar.dml

Regards,
Kousikan
Code:
echo m_db gendml oracle.dbc -select "'"`cat dim_calendar.sel.sql`"'" | sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output and execute

hi, does this mean that the output will go to a file named $3 with an x in the end, and then it will be executed? grep $1 filename > $3x chmod a+x $3x $3x thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammaman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute the output of one liner print

Hello I wrote simple one liner that take RunTime *.exe and link them to the output of the compilation output: find ~/DevEnv/. -name "*.exe" | xargs ls -l | awk '{ x=split($9,a,"/"); print "ln -s " $9 " "a}' and it gives me the desire output , but how can I execute this ln command on every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command created from sql output

Hi, I've would like to create kill statement from sqlplus output. So, I've modified somoene's script : mud_kill_stmt=`sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<EOF select 'kill -9 ' || p.SPID || ';' statement from $process_view p, $session_ ......... and so on exit; EOF` $mud_kill_stmt | tr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arkadiusz Masny
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute output lines

I have a command (not shell script) that general several lines of output like this... scp /var/lib/mysql/jitu/email.* root@172.29.0.218:/root/pitu/ scp /var/lib/mysql/jitu/orders.* root@172.29.0.218:/root/pitu/ I tried adding xargs but it did not work. -exec was not tried because I guess it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute the Output Lines.

Hi, My Script looks like this #! /bin/ksh cd /usr/SrcFiles/ADD; while read line do d=`echo $line|cut -d'.' -f1` echo $d".XML" >> XML_File_List.txt out=`echo "gunzip -c -S .ZIP $d.ZIP > $d.XML;"` echo $out per=`echo "chmod ugo+rwx $d.XML;"` echo $per done <ZIP_File_List.txt and the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute stored procedure through script in sybase database and store the output in a .csv file

Hi, I have a sybase stored procedure which takes two input parameters (start_date and end_date) and when it get executed, it gives few records as an output. I want to write a unix script (ksh) which login to the sybase database, then execute this stored procedure (takes the input parameter as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute standard output ?

Alright so i got this script genpipe: echo "$*" |sh genscript file vi file << 'HERE' :%s/^/echo /g :%s/ $//g :%s/ /&\| xargs \.\/plus /g :wq HERE cat file Which generates output like echo 1 | xargs ./plus 2 | xargs ./plus 3 and so on Now i got the next script multiplus, who should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute python file, FTP output to another server

Greetings all, We are implementing a new tool called URLwatch which is a python utility. Here are the requirements. 1) Run every 10 seconds 2) Execute the python script 3) Output file gets generated, FTP it to a differernt server I gave no idea how to do this and management needs a demo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute command remotely as sudo and save the output locally?

Hello , I am trying to run a NetBackup command in remote server. Also this command can only be run by root so I am using sudo . Also I want the output of the command locally in a file. The below command asked for password , ran successfully and showed Output on my local server screen ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute awk output with continuous streaming input

I need to parse some continuous output from a program (i.e. aScript.py) into a portal that uses curl. I've written a simple awk one-liner to parse the information that is output from aScript.py, but I'm not able to execute it. I can succeed with just one line of the output from aScript.py: echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
2 Replies
shell_builtins(1)                                                                                                                shell_builtins(1)

NAME
shell_builtins, case, for, foreach, function, if, repeat, select, switch, until, while - shell command interpreter built-in commands The shell command interpreters csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1) have special built-in commands. The commands case, for, foreach, function, if, repeat, select, switch, until, and while are commands in the syntax recognized by the shells. They are described in the Commands section of the manual pages of the respective shells. The remaining commands listed in the table below are built into the shells for reasons such as efficiency or data sharing between command invocations. They are described on their respective manual pages. | Command | Shell alias |csh, ksh bg |csh, ksh, sh break |csh, ksh, sh case |csh, ksh, sh cd |csh, ksh, sh chdir |csh, sh continue |csh, ksh, sh dirs |csh echo |csh, ksh, sh eval |csh, ksh, sh exec |csh, ksh, sh exit |csh, ksh, sh export |ksh, sh false |ksh fc |ksh fg |csh, ksh, sh for |ksh, sh foreach |csh function |ksh getopts |ksh, sh glob |csh goto |csh hash |ksh, sh hashstat |csh history |csh if |csh, ksh, sh jobs |csh, ksh, sh kill |csh, ksh, sh let |ksh limit |csh login |csh, ksh, sh logout |csh, ksh, sh nice |csh newgrp |ksh, sh nohup |csh notify |csh onintr |csh popd |csh print |ksh pushd |csh pwd |ksh, sh read |ksh, sh readonly |ksh, sh rehash |csh repeat |csh return |ksh, sh select |ksh set |csh, ksh, sh setenv |csh shift |csh, ksh, sh source |csh stop |csh, ksh, sh suspend |csh, ksh, sh switch |csh test |ksh, sh time |csh times |ksh, sh trap |ksh, sh true |ksh type |ksh, sh typeset |ksh ulimit |ksh, sh umask |csh, ksh, sh unalias |csh, ksh unhash |csh unlimit |csh unset |csh, ksh, sh unsetenv |csh until |ksh, sh wait |csh, ksh, sh whence |ksh while |csh, ksh, sh Bourne Shell, sh, Special Commands Input/output redirection is now permitted for these commands. File descriptor 1 is the default output location. When Job Control is enabled, additional Special Commands are added to the shell's environment. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, sh also uses: : No effect; the command does nothing. A zero exit code is returned. .filename Read and execute commands from filename and return. The search path specified by PATH is used to find the directory con- taining filename. C shell, csh Built-in commands are executed within the C shell. If a built-in command occurs as any component of a pipeline except the last, it is exe- cuted in a subshell. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, csh also uses: : Null command. This command is interpreted, but performs no action. Korn Shell, ksh, Special Commands Input/Output redirection is permitted. Unless otherwise indicated, the output is written on file descriptor 1 and the exit status, when there is no syntax error, is zero. Commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, ksh also uses: * : [ arg ... ] The command only expands parameters. * .file [ arg ..Read the complete file then execute the commands. The commands are executed in the current shell environment. The search path specified by PATH is used to find the directory containing file. If any arguments arg are given, they become the posi- tional parameters. Otherwise, the positional parameters are unchanged. The exit status is the exit status of the last com- mand executed. the loop termination test. intro(1), alias(1), break(1), cd(1), chmod(1), csh(1), echo(1), exec(1), exit(1), find(1), getoptcvt(1), getopts(1), glob(1), hash(1), his- tory(1), jobs(1), kill(1), ksh(1), let(1), limit(1), login(1), logout(1), newgrp(1), nice(1), nohup(1), print(1), pwd(1), read(1), read- only(1), set(1), sh(1), shift(1), suspend(1), test(1B), time(1), times(1), trap(1), typeset(1), umask(1), wait(1), chdir(2), chmod(2), creat(2), umask(2), getopt(3C), profile(4), environ(5) 29 Jun 2005 shell_builtins(1)