Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris removing inetadm entries in Solaris 10 Post 302111235 by hcclnoodles on Tuesday 20th of March 2007 08:51:48 AM
Old 03-20-2007
removing inetadm entries in Solaris 10

Hi there

Does anybody know how I can remove an entry from the listing that `inetadm` produces ? ie

disabled disabled svc:/network/finger:default
disabled disabled svc:/network/login:eklogin
disabled disabled svc:/network/login:klogin
disabled disabled svc:/network/login:rlogin
disabled disabled svc:/network/time:dgram
enabled online svc:/network/time:stream
enabled online svc:/network/shell:default
disabled disabled svc:/network/shell:kshell
disabled disabled svc:/network/talk:default
disabled disabled svc:/network/shell/tcp:default
disabled disabled svc:/network/exec/tcp:default

I would like to completely remove the following lines.........(also bolded above)

disabled disabled svc:/network/shell/tcp:default
disabled disabled svc:/network/exec/tcp:default

I realise I can disable them and I have, and I release they are harmless, but I want to get rid of them

I tried removing the associated xml files from /var/svc/manifest/network to no avail

I tried commenting them out of the original inetd.conf file (they originally and erroneously came from here) and re-running inetconv but it doesn't remove them

I tried rebooting but they are still there

Am I stuck with these ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Gary

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

need help for removing SAN LUNS on solaris 9

Hi I would like to remove SAN luns from system and do not want them even after system reboot, format Searching for disks...done df -kh I know last 4 partitions are from SAN but there could be more. Can someone please help me correct steps to remove SAN Luns. vxdisk list ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
2 Replies

2. Solaris

inetadm command

I am little confussed, I have installed a netbackup client on Solaris 10. The client software has made an entry for bpcd in /etc/inetd.conf file My question is can I use the following command in Solaris 10 so that inetd.conf is reread and is it save to do this in a production env. Do I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

3. Solaris

difference between inetadm and svcadm

Can anyone tell me the difference between inetadm and svcadm in solaris. As per my knowledge svcadm will use to start/stop services . Any help on this is really helpful (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing File Entries With sed

Hi When running the following sed command from the command line I am able to remove all entries with #username from the file and redirect to another file. sed -e 's/#.*//' -e '/^$/d' namesonly > tt mv tt > namesonly When I use the same command in the following script I end up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Removing Dead Paths And Unusable Path Solaris 9

Hi, One of our Solaris servers was peviously zoned and connected to 2 seperate arrays, one HP and the other EMC. The server is now only connected to the EMC. The sever has x2 single port HBA's. When running cfgadm I see the following: root@qwicprod /dev/rdsk]# cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing EMC LUN from Solaris 10 host without a reboot

I have seen a few threads / posts on the forum's but nothing specific to what Iam after. So Iam hoping you can help. Issue : Iam hoping to remove unused emc luns from my solaris servers , T2000 (5.10 Generic_142900-02). I have a list of the process I have followed for the removal of the luns.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: furby
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - removing packages when files have been deleted

Is there any way to do this? Files/directory have been deleted but pkginfo reports the packages still there. Is there any way to clean this out? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulfoel
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Removing a disk from SUN Fire V440 running Solaris 8

Hi, I have a SUN Fire V440 server running Solaris 8. One of the 4 disks do not appear when issued the format command. The "ready to remove" LED is not on either. Metastat command warns that this disk "Needs maintenace". Can I just shutdown and power off the machine and then insert an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Echo68
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Error when removing Sendmail packages in Solaris 11.2

Hi, I would like to completely remove the Sendmail packages from Solaris 11.2. I know how to disable Sendmail but as stated, I would like the packages to be removed from the system. I tried to remove the two packages (SUNWsndmu and SUNWsndmr) by using pkgrm. It doesn't work that well because I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tubiman
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using inetadm to change bind_addr

In solaris inetadm -l pop3 SCOPE NAME=VALUE name="pop3" endpoint_type="stream" proto="tcp6" isrpc=FALSE wait=FALSE exec="/usr/sbin/popper -s -R" user="root" default bind_addr="71.252.137.146" default ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitech
1 Replies
svc.configd(1M) 														   svc.configd(1M)

NAME
svc.configd - Service Management Facility repository daemon SYNOPSIS
/lib/svc/bin/svc.configd svc.configd is the repository daemon for the Service Management Facility. svc.configd is invoked automatically during system startup, and restarted if any failures occur. svc.configd should never be invoked directly. Interaction with svc.configd is by way of libscf(3LIB) and the command line tools:svcs(1), svcprop(1), svcadm(1M), and svccfg(1M). See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ svcs(1), svcprop(1), svcadm(1M), svccfg(1M), libscf(3LIB), attributes(5) 27 Oct 2004 svc.configd(1M)