Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Converting HTML to CSV
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Converting HTML to CSV Post 302111005 by Jexel on Sunday 18th of March 2007 01:55:03 AM
Old 03-18-2007
sorry i don't think i can provide a sample for various reasons but it's basically a table with 6 columns with many many rows. The html is nothing fancy, just a table with rows and rows of data. I need to convert it to CSV in order to view it under Excel. I was hoping there to be a simple linux command for this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting %## back to special characters from an HTML form

I have an HTML form that sends email to a large list of users one at a time by matching an email address in peoplesoft to their username. It works great, except that special characters are converted to %## format. Is there a library of these I can use to sed them back (yes this is a crappy UNIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell Script to HTML

Hi, Im new to shell scripting. My task is to convert shell script feed into html, so basically I have a lot of information in shell script and I want to convert it html. I know you can simply convert the information by hand, but is there any simpler way? Thank you Dave (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davwel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting HTML data into a spreadsheet

Hi, I have a perl script that prints some data in the form of a table (HTML table) Now, I want to be able to convert this data into a report on an Excel sheet. How can I do this? Regards, Garric (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a text file to HTML

Hi, I need to convert a text file formatted like this ("tshark -z conv,ip" output) to HTML: ===================================================================================================== IPv4 Conversations Filter:<No Filter> | <- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0enix
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting html to pdf perl

Hi All, I have a requirement of converting an html form into pdf using perl. The html form contains images, tables and css implementation. I tried using various perl modules but failed to achive the target. I succeeded in generating a pdf from the html file using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting html table data into multiple variables.

Hi, Basically what I am trying to do is the following. I have created a shell script to grab timetabling information from a website using curl then I crop out only the data I need which is a table based on the current date. It leaves me with a file that has the table I want plus a small amount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domsmith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting csv to html format

Below is the code I have - How can I convert the data in the csv into 3 tables in html. instead of 1 table. Attached is the format I am getting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana25
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting text file to html page

Hello Everyone, I have the following text file with the each field separated by newline Text file P file1-en-us_US-20170718T150157Z.json Wed 19 Jul 2017 06:10:13 AM EDT P file2-en-us_US-20170718T160150Z.json Wed 19 Jul 2017 06:10:13 AM EDT P file3-en-us_US-20170718T163218Z.json Wed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell how's converting .html files

Hello everybody, :) I need some help with a school project that I have to create for the next week. :eek: So first, the aim of the Script is that I have a WebSite with a lot of .html / .shtml / .js / .css in one directory. That directory have few directory too but that's not so important,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariocrocop
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting XML to CSV

Hello, For i while i have been using XMLStarlet to convert several XML files to CSV files. So far this always went fine. Today however i got a new XML format however but i cannot find out how to get the data i need. Below is part of the code where it shows the different format. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
10 Replies
Table(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Table(3)

NAME
Tk::Table - Scrollable 2 dimensional table of Tk widgets SYNOPSIS
use Tk::Table; $table = $parent->Table(-rows => number, -columns => number, -scrollbars => anchor, -fixedrows => number, -fixedcolumns => number, -takefocus => boolean); $widget = $table->Button(...); $old = $table->put($row,$col,$widget); $old = $table->put($row,$col,"Text"); # simple Label $widget = $table->get($row,$col); $cols = $table->totalColumns; $rows = $table->totalRows; $table->see($widget); $table->see($row,$col); ($row,$col) = $table->Posn($widget); DESCRIPTION
Tk::Table is an all-perl widget/geometry manager which allows a two dimensional table of arbitary perl/Tk widgets to be displayed. Entries in the Table are simply ordinary perl/Tk widgets. They should be created with the Table as their parent. Widgets are positioned in the table using: $table->put($row,$col,$widget) If $widget is not a reference it is treated as a string, and a Lable widget is created with the string as its text. All the widgets in each column are set to the same width - the requested width of the widest widget in the column. Likewise, all the widgets in each row are set to the same height - the requested height of the tallest widget in the column. A number of rows and/or columns can be marked as 'fixed' - and so can serve as 'headings' for the remainder the rows which are scrollable. The requested size of the table as a whole is such that the number of rows specified by -rows (default 10), and number of columns specified by -columns (default 10) can be displayed. If the Table is told it can take the keyboard focus then cursor and scroll keys scroll the displayed widgets. The Table will create and manage its own scrollbars if requested via -scrollbars. The table can be emptied using $table->clear the widgets which were in the table are destroyed. The Tk::Table widget is derived from a Tk::Frame, so inherits all its configure options. BUGS
/ Snags / Possible enhancements o Very large Tables consume a lot of X windows. o No equivalent of pack's -anchor/-pad etc. options SEE ALSO
Tk::grid, Tk::HList, Tk::TableMatrix, Tk::MListbox, Tk::Columns perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 Table(3)