Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: asm vs disksuite for oracle
Operating Systems Solaris asm vs disksuite for oracle Post 302110827 by Sowser on Thursday 15th of March 2007 05:31:21 PM
Old 03-15-2007
i will guess

I am going to guess veritas since i am such a fan of their stuff. let us know how it performed.

-S

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

ORACLE RAC ASM disk question

Perhaps someone here has some experience with this. machine os RHE 4 6 oracle 10g RAC disk is SAN attached clariion. I have presented new disks to the host, so the machine sees all needed LUNS. powermt shows them, they are labeled and i have fdisk'd them. They are visible across all RAC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eronysis
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Command to format Oracle ASM raw disk

Hi, Can any one please provide the command to format an Oracle Raw Disk in Solaris 10. I have been used the following commands: dd if=/dev/zero of=<raw disk path> Thanks ---------- Post updated at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:11 AM ---------- Well this didn't give... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
0 Replies

3. AIX

Oracle ASM accidentally messed with my hdisk

I have AIX 5.3 with oracle 10g ( test server). While trying to create RAW disk for Oracle ASM I have accidentally messed with rootvg (hdisk0 & hdisk1) When I do # lspv hdisk0 0516-066 : Physical volume is not a volume group member. Check the physical volume name specified. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: George_Samaan
4 Replies

4. Programming

Help on a perl script to connect to oracle ASM as sysdba

I am novice to perl. Can someone guide me on the below query. We have an existing perl script which connects to database to check the disk group status which i wanted to retieve directly from ASM rather than database. This is because, a cluster has more than 4 databases running and a check on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_rsk
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use perl to connect to Oracle ASM as sysdba

I am novice to perl. Can someone guide me on the below query. We have an existing perl script which connects to database to check the disk group status which i wanted to retieve directly from ASM rather than database. This is because, a cluster has more than 4 databases running and a check on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_rsk
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Can we add Oracle ASM in sun cluster3.3 or 4.0 in failover mode

Hi I am new to this forum & oracle DBA also, I would like to know that can we add Oracle ASM in failover mode in sun cluster 3.3 or 4.0 means that if suppose oracle is running along with ASM on node1 & this node went down due to hardware issue then both oracle along with ASM must move to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hb00
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to automate add/resize datafile in Oracle ASM Storage

Hi all, Could anyone please share ideas or logic on how to automate add/resize datafile in Oracle ASM Storage for Oracle RAC/Single Node databases when any tablespace space alert is trigerred by OEM? Thanks for your help and time on it! Thanks&regards, a1_win Please DON'T use CODE tags... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle ASM on Solaris 11.3

Hi Folks, I've just built a Solaris 11.3 server with a number of LDOM's, all good and well and not any serious issues so far. On our older Solaris 10 systems we ran Oracle 11g using ASM disks, these disks were the raw device meta disks and came in very nicely as "/dev/md/rdsk/dnn" all worked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
4 Replies
i8kctl(1)							     Utilities								 i8kctl(1)

NAME
I8kctl, i8kfan - Utility to access SMM BIOS on Dell Inspiron laptops SYNTAX
i8kctl [<command> [<args>]] i8kfan [<left> [<right>]] DESCRIPTION
The i8kctl utility provides a command-line interface to the i8k kernel driver for Dell Inspiron laptops. When invoked without arguments the program reports the same information which can be read from the /proc/i8k file: 1. i8k format version 2. bios version 3. machine id 4. cpu temperature 5. left fan status 6. right fan status 7. left fan speed 8. right fan speed 9. ac power status 10. fn buttons status The optional command argument can be used to select only one of the above items. Command can be: version, bios, id, temp, fan, speed, ac and fn. Examples: $ i8kctl 1.0 A17 B5W123K 52 2 1 8040 6420 1 2 $ i8kctl temp 52 $ i8kctl fan 2 1 The fan command can accept two optional parameters which specify the new fan state for left and right fans. The state parameter can be: 0 turn the fan off 1 set low speed 2 set high speed - don't change the state of this fan For example the command: $ i8kctl fan - 2 sets the right fan to high speed and leaves the left unchanged. It should be noted that if the i8kmon(1) daemon is used to control the fans, setting the speed with i8kfan is pointless since the daemon will override the speed with its own value. Invoking i8kctl as i8kfan is the same as invoking the program with the fan option: $ i8kctl fan 1 2 1 2 $ i8kfan 1 2 1 2 FILES
/proc/i8k AUTHORS
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org> COPYRIGHT
i8kctl and all the i8kutils programs , scripts and other files are distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'. SEE ALSO
i8kmon(1), i8kbuttons(1) Massimo Dal Zotto 18 March 2002 i8kctl(1)