Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sco Opensserver Boot Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sco Opensserver Boot Problem Post 302110763 by farmacy on Thursday 15th of March 2007 06:37:20 AM
Old 03-15-2007
Sco Opensserver Boot Problem

Just installing 5.0.5 on a DELL OPTIFLEX GX520. Using a 40GB IDE Drive.

Installation appeared to work but on rebooting it hangs at the "LOADING KERNEL hd(40)unix.bss

Any ideas please

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot failure SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer

hello guys. I just installed SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer it went all the way to the end of the installation and the first boot try it gave me this message. not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during Sco Unix boot

Hi friends, i am getting the following error while booting my system which has SCo UNIX . ========================= H iinit PANIC: srmountfun-Error 22 mounting of rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : Space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. safe to power off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO OS5 Boot up stops

I have been passed a SCO OS5 server that will not boot up, Im a UNIX starter to say the least, So I was wondering if Im dealing with something simple and I dont know it! The server starts up to the Boot prompt and in either multiple or single mode it will stop during the boot process and wait. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cscmsupport
0 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

5. SCO

xp/sco 5.0.7 dual boot issues

Hello those more knowledgeable than I: I have been trying to get xp and SCO to coexist on the same system. I have tried several different ways to make both work, here's the list: -install xp, image it, move the partition to the end of drive, verify it boots, image again, -boot off of SCO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
6 Replies

6. SCO

Sco unix v/386 3.2 problem boot and install

Hi i have a problem after boot with N1 disk and putting N2 disk and pressing the enter in this message:Insert N2(filesystem) floppy and press after by this(pressing enter) the system is reboot!! why??? :confused: my old pc is a Pentium II 333mhz 3gb hd 64mb ram please help!! :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panos_pit
3 Replies

7. SCO

SCO UNIX Won't Boot

Our system is not booting up properly. It keeps going to this screen: Enter Run Level (0-6, s or S): I tried to hit all nos# 0-6 is just goes to hung state. Tried s or S & it brings me to single user mode. I've checked the file systems & found out that all three had 98%. I tried to... (86 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
86 Replies

8. SCO

SCO Will Not Boot

Hello to all , I am new to this forum and also i have very less knowledge about sco unix, but I have good knowlage about Dos-Windows file systems since 1990 year :) and i am a professional IT person about Networking and computer hardware but as i said not know much about Unix based systems :( ,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meraklinext
7 Replies

9. SCO

Sco UNIX 5.0.6 not boot

hi i have image SCo Unix 5.0.6 and I want transfer on my HP ML350 G5 after Transfer show this message : boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot this hp server used smart array E200i and P400 and sco not recognized HDD tanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SCO OpenServer 5 Will Not Boot

We have a legacy system that runs on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6, and I've rebuilt the server a couple of times so we can have access to old historical data. That system suddenly went offline for no known reason, and I know that the configuration has not been altered, there is nobody with access to the... (63 Replies)
Discussion started by: spock9458
63 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. An executable should return 0 on success. It may also return 77 to cause the whole operation to terminate (executables later in lexical order will be skipped). COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ KERNEL-IMAGE The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release or /usr/lib/os-release (if the former is missing), or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns 0 or 77, 0 is returned, and a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 237 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)