Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exracting data from DB using normal login Post 302110170 by malle on Sunday 11th of March 2007 03:42:48 AM
Old 03-11-2007
yah .. that is an option.
instead of giving read permissiion to "others" , i added the tester user to the dba group in which oracle is present. this solved the problem. i feel that this is better than giving read permissions to others.

if anybody has any other ideas without giving permissions , please psot it

Thanks,
malle

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Not able to login as normal users through console /telnet/ssh

Hi , I am having problem,users are not able to login through ssh or telnet.Only we can login as root user in console. Restarted telnet and sshd ,no luck. Any ideas. AIX -- 5.2 ML 07 Thanks, MNK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnkfre
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Enable console login for normal users

Dear Frnz I have a solaris box with running 5.8 My default window manager is CDE.When i login as a normal user and try to open console it is vanishing quickly. When i check the logs the message is Wed Nov 21 19:27:03 2007 (/usr/dt/bin/dtexec) /usr/dt/bin/dtterm /dev/console: Permission... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip particular gzip files among the normal data files

Hello experts, I run Solaris 9. I have a below script which is used for gunzip the thousand files from a directory. ---- #!/usr/bin/sh cd /home/thousands/gzipfiles/ for i in `ls -1` do gunzip -c $i > /path/to/file/$i done ---- In my SAME directory there thousand of GZIP file and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

4. AIX

Normal User Unable to Login Through AIX CDE

When we as normal user try to login, the session startup terminates and we are presented with the login screen.The root user is able to login without any problem.I can log in to the Aix server as normal user through telnet & using xmanager but not directly through server terminal .The Aix version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranadeep
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get the normal time

i have this script #!/bin/sh for i in Europe/Dublin Europe/Berlin US/Eastern US/Central US/Mountain US/Pacific do export TZ=$i case $1 in "") echo "`date` $i";; *) echo "`date` $i" | grep $1;; esac done how would i turn the time into the stand 12 hour time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

float to normal

I have a file with 2 columns . One of the line looks like the following. Is it possible to convert every float no in column 2 to integer. input NM_032881 6.03787973608527e-05 output 0.0000603787..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to login Solaris 10 Sparc - Data Access Error

Hello everyone, This is the first time I am installing Solaris. I have SunBlade 1500 Wrkstn. I installed Solaris 10 Sparc. The installation went successfully but I don't get the login screen. I get the following error message: Boot device: disk:a File and agrs:- Data Access Error Ok ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfsaeed
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Normal format and scientific combined data

hi guys, i have a data with a column of p value (normal format and scientific combined). i want to creat a subset of data which only contains p-value: data 1: p<10^7 data 2: p<0.01 how should i do it? many thanks! data looks like: rs7841347 128887490 1.695e-007 rs1241347 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python FTP login and relogin with other data in one wash?

I have a short part of the script like this, which scrans ftp ips from a list and login with the data specified. login1 pssword1is it possible to try sevral login data without starting the script again with modified login data? somehow like: if (login1 pw1 or login2 pw2 or login3 pw3) {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies
LS(1)							      General Commands Manual							     LS(1)

NAME
ls, lc - list contents of directory SYNOPSIS
ls [ -dlmnpqrstuFQ ] name ... lc [ -dlmnpqrstuFQ ] name ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, ls lists the contents of the directory; for each file argument, ls repeats its name and any other information requested. When no argument is given, the current directory is listed. By default, the output is sorted alphabetically by name. Lc is the same as ls, but sets the -p option and pipes the output through mc(1). There are a number of options: -d If argument is a directory, list it, not its contents. -l List in long format, giving mode (see below), file system type (e.g., for devices, the # code letter that names it; see intro(3)), the instance or subdevice number, owner, group, size in bytes, and time of last modification for each file. -m List the name of the user who most recently modified the file. -n Don't sort the listing. -p Print only the final path element of each file name. -q List the qid (see stat(3)) of each file; the printed fields are in the order path, version, and type. -r Reverse the order of sort. -s Give size in Kbytes for each entry. -t Sort by time modified (latest first) instead of by name. -u Under -t sort by time of last access; under -l print time of last access. -F Add the character / after all directory names and the character * after all executable files. -L Print the character t before each file if it has the temporary flag set, and - otherwise. -Q By default, printed file names are quoted if they contain characters special to rc(1). The -Q flag disables this behavior. The mode printed under the -l option contains 11 characters, interpreted as follows: the first character is d if the entry is a directory; a if the entry is an append-only file; D if the entry is a Unix device; L if the entry is a symbolic link; P if the entry is a named pipe; S if the entry is a socket; - if the entry is a plain file. The next letter is l if the file is exclusive access (one writer or reader at a time). The last 9 characters are interpreted as three sets of three bits each. The first set refers to owner permissions; the next to permissions to others in the same user-group; and the last to all others. Within each set the three characters indicate permission respectively to read, to write, or to execute the file as a program. For a directory, `execute' permission is interpreted to mean permission to search the directory for a specified file. The permissions are indicated as follows: r if the file is readable; w if the file is writable; x if the file is executable; - if none of the above permissions is granted. SOURCE
/src/cmd/ls.c /bin/lc SEE ALSO
stat(3), mc(1) LS(1)