Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Patch Management over mixed unix platforms Post 302110001 by jimthompson on Friday 9th of March 2007 11:59:42 AM
Old 03-09-2007
Patch Management over mixed unix platforms

Does anyone know of any tools that manage the rollout of patches across multiple types of Unix platform ( eg Solaris, Aix etc ).

I am looking for something that does a similiar job to SMS or WSUS in the Windows world

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux patch management tool

I have a suse linux 9(SLES 9) I have configured "YOU" (yast online update) and it all working fine, synchronising on a daily base with http://sdb.suse.de/download but I would like to know if they is a tools or scripts that inform you of any patches that has not been applied and notify you via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Patch Management

Does anyone know who to centrally manage the distribution and application of patches to multiple Linux platforms ? Is there software for this ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

3. Linux

Apache in enterprise, patch management

I was wondering how everyone else manages patching/upgrades for apache. Latest doesnt mean greatest, we typically dont install the newest patches for our OS's. We typically run 3-6 months behind, to let fixes get fixed before installing them. Does anyone here have a written detailed plan... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Platforms

Hi. Where can i learn, Which Unix platform specific for what? Properties? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Enrgy
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Patch management dilemma

I've inherited about 10 RHEL 3 boxes that are located in Europe behind a corporate firewall with no access to rhn.redhat.com I've been tasked with patching all of these systems but I ask, Does redhat issue patch bundles? In AIX, there are maintenance levels and Sun has patch clusters available... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steelysteel
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Help needed regarding Solaris 10 patch Management

Hello Friends.. I have not tried anything related to Solaris patch and wish to learn more about it. I just wanted to try the patchadd and patchrm commands and how they work, just for educational purpose. I tried to download Solaris 10 patches, it asked me to register at sunsolve.com and i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
5 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Platforms using Unix

Hi ;) Which hardware platforms/machine types use the Operating System Unix? A list of all would be appreaciated Thx Megadrink :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Megadrink
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-platform Centralized Patch Management

We have a mix of AIX, HP-UX, Linux (RHEL and SLES), and Solaris in our environment. Currently we have seperate patch management systems for each platform (NIM, SD, Spacewalk, etc), but have started looking for a centralized patch management solution that would work for most, if not all, of our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Patch Management

HI all, As per the audit policy, patch has to be apply periodically, but in my scenerio, it has been applied lastly in the year 2010. Using HP UX 11.11, 11.21 and 11.31 I would like to know, how to identify the patches which are need to update, what will be the procedure to update, how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Patch management (Solaris, AIX , Linux )

Hi Guys, I am doing L1 Level support for Solaris Platform. Eg. User Management, File system , Print management and Job monitoring. I recently completer my IBM Aix 7 Administration certification. Issue is that my manager is asking me do full time unix / linux patch management work for new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
5 Replies
condor_store_cred(1)					      General Commands Manual					      condor_store_cred(1)

Name
       condor_store_cred securely - stash a password

Synopsis
       condor_store_cred [-help]

condor_store_credadd[ -c | -u username] [-p password] [-n machinename] [-f filename]

condor_store_creddelete[ -c | -u username] [-n machinename]

condor_store_credquery[ -c | -u username] [-n machinename]

Description
       condor_store_credstores passwords in a secure manner. There are two separate uses of condor_store_cred:

1.  A  shared  pool  password  is needed in order to implement the  PASSWORD authentication method. condor_store_cred using the -coption
	  deals with the password for the implied  condor_pool@$(UID_DOMAIN) user name.

On a Unix machine, condor_store_cred with the -foption is used to set the pool password, as needed when used with the  PASSWORD  authen-
	  tication method. The pool password is placed in a file specified by the  SEC_PASSWORD_FILE configuration variable.

2. In order to submit a job from a Windows platform machine, or to execute a job on a Windows platform machine utilizing the run_as_own-
	  erfunctionality, condor_store_cred stores the password of a user/domain pair securely in the Windows registry. Using this  stored  pass-
	  word,  Condor  may act on behalf of the submitting user to access files, such as writing output or log files. Condor is able to run jobs
	  with the user ID of the submitting user. The password is stored in the same manner as the system does when setting or  changing  account
	  passwords.

Passwords are stashed in a persistent manner; they are maintained across system reboots.

The  addargument on the Windows platform stores the password securely in the registry. The user is prompted to enter the password twice for
       confirmation, and characters are not echoed. If there is already a password stashed, the old password will be overwritten by the new  pass-
       word.

The deleteargument deletes the current password, if it exists.

The queryreports whether the password is stored or not.

Options
       -c

Operations refer to the pool password, as used in the  PASSWORD authentication method.

-f filename

For Unix machines only, generates a pool password file named filenamethat may be used with the  PASSWORD authentication method.

-help

Displays a brief summary of command options.

-n machinename

Apply the command on the given machine.

-p password

Stores password, rather than prompting the user to enter a password.

-u username

Specify the user name.

Exit Status
       condor_store_credwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					      condor_store_cred(1)