Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java errors
Operating Systems Solaris Java errors Post 302109651 by BOFH on Wednesday 7th of March 2007 09:04:13 AM
Old 03-07-2007
Java errors

Solaris 10. Getting a boatload of "Resource unavailable" on read errors for a Java process which is taking 350% of CPU. No I/O issues and dtrace shows lots of lwp calls. There are only 54 threads (or so, it fluxuates) but certainly not a lot. App is WebLogic.

App has been up since the third and we don't know if the app guys did the Java DST patch since then. System is a recent upgrade to Solaris 10 so perhaps there's a /etc/system setting that needed to be increased.

I used pstack to examine the worst thread but nothing popped out. I also used the dtrace command to example the stack. Lots of libjvm.so calls which is to be expected. Again, nothing about a missing resource is popping up.

iotop doesn't show anything there that's an issue and netstat -i doesn't show much network activity.

Thoughts? Something else I should be looking at?

Thanks.

Carl

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

java errors when calling from cron

I am more or less new to using cron, and I am trying to automate a log cleaning system I have made. The system basically cleans through WWW logs that are mounted on an NFS and creates text files for entry into a local PostgreSQL DB. For the past year I have been running the various scripts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mntamago
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies
dtrace(7D)							      Devices								dtrace(7D)

NAME
dtrace - DTrace dynamic tracing facility DESCRIPTION
The dtrace driver provides the dynamic instrumentation and tracing facilities for the DTrace software, as well as the built-in dtrace provider. The dtrace driver is not a public interface and you access the instrumentation offered by this provider through DTrace tools such as dtrace(1M). Refer to the Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide for a description of the public documented interfaces available for the DTrace facility and dtrace provider probes. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdtrp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), libdtrace(3LIB), attributes(5) Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide SunOS 5.11 4 Sep 2003 dtrace(7D)