Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete User?
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Delete User? Post 302109049 by CBarraford on Friday 2nd of March 2007 12:05:20 PM
Old 03-02-2007
thanks zazzy. I didn't know deleting a user would be so dangerous.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete all files of a particular user

How do I delete all directories and files belonging to a particular userid in a directory and its subdirs? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete everything owned bya particular user?

Hi I am an Oracle DBA and I want to delete everything owned byOracle on the AIX server. What command would do that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarangishere
5 Replies

3. AIX

delete user on kerberised server

how r u all, i have AIX server which is kerberised, and i create a user on it called "sam" when i want to assign a password for it i typed smit user then i choosed change password and i choosed the user " sam" when i press enter this message ' user 'sam' doesnt exist" appears. then when i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu7maid2005
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete history for a particular user

Hi All, Whenever I log in to my terminal and execute some cmds and then I type "history", I get the list of all the commands that I have executed. I want to know where is the history been stored (any path location ?) Secondly,if I want to delete the history or some part of the history, can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User can't delete files

Hi Professionals, Need a way to restrict a user from his own directory so that he can't delete files from his directory but can read and write/overwrite. Is this information enuf for you people? Pls reply. Rgds, Gaurav (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gav_dhiman
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete user

hello, Aside from userdel -r "username', are there any things needed to check before deleting a user? I wanted to cleanup user accounts and Im just worried if there are scripts or tasks created or owned by them that might be affected once I deleted the account. I normally login to their account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete everything owned by a particular user

I want to delete all files and folders owned a user say abcuser in the folder /tmp . Can you please give me the command ? Thanks Matt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files of a particular user?

I went to location where I need to delete all the files owned by me I used the below code but it didn't work. It didn't throw any error but it hasn't deleted the files find . -user username -exec rm -rf {} \; Any suggestions please? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers646
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete file content by asking user Yes/No...

I have following script to ping multiple ips but i want to delete ip.csv file content after running script .....but before deleting content i have ask user yes/No prompt depend on user input Yes/no ip.csv content will delete.. #!/bin/bash for enodeb in `cat /tmp/ip.csv` do ping -c 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to delete a user and home directory

Good Afternoon, I'm trying userdel -r username on Solaris 9 and getting UX: userdel: ERROR: unable to find status about home directory: No such file or directory I see the user's home directory and getent passwd shows the user Anybody know what's causing it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
Sub::Delete(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Sub::Delete(3pm)

NAME
Sub::Delete - Perl module enabling one to delete subroutines VERSION
1.00002 SYNOPSIS
use Sub::Delete; sub foo {} delete_sub 'foo'; eval 'foo();1' or die; # dies DESCRIPTION
This module provides one function, "delete_sub", that deletes the subroutine whose name is passed to it. (To load the module without importing the function, write "use Sub::Delete();".) This does more than simply undefine the subroutine in the manner of "undef &foo", which leaves a stub that can trigger AUTOLOAD (and, consequently, won't work for deleting methods). The subroutine is completely obliterated from the symbol table (though there may be references to it elsewhere, including in compiled code). PREREQUISITES
This module requires perl 5.8.3 or higher. LIMITATIONS
If you take a reference to a glob containing a subroutine, and then delete the subroutine with "delete_sub", you will find that the glob you referenced still has a subroutine in it. This is because "delete_sub" removes a glob, replaces it with another, and then copies the contents of the old glob into the new one, except for the "CODE" slot. (This is nearly impossible to fix without breaking constant::lexical.) BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them to the author via e-mail. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHT Copyright (C) 2008-10 Father Chrysostomos (sprout at, um, cpan dot org) This program is free software; you may redistribute or modify it (or both) under the same terms as perl. SEE ALSO
perltodo, which has "delete &sub" listed as a possible future feature Symbol::Glob and Symbol::Util, both of which predate this module (but I only discovered them recently), and which allow one to delete any arbitrary slot from a glob. Neither of them takes perl 5.10 constants into account, however. They also both differ from this module, in that a subroutine referenced in compiled code can no longer be called if deleted from its glob. The entire glob must be replaced (which this module does). perl v5.10.1 2010-11-06 Sub::Delete(3pm)