Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help on a basic example
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help on a basic example Post 302108874 by anbu23 on Thursday 1st of March 2007 11:30:14 AM
Old 03-01-2007
Code:
sed -n "N;/\nBBBBB/s/\n.*$//p" file

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Basic...

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bt-basic

Hi Guys, I very new to bt-basic even I got 8 years experience on UNIX. I searched through google about bt-basic but nothing really give me solid documentation. Anybody have documentation or manual for this bt-basic? Pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some basic help

Hi everyone, I need some help! I know that this is a very simple little problem but I seem to be stuck. I was just wondering if you could show me the right way. I basicly have to write a single line of commands (using piping) to do the following: From the file data.txt, select all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itk
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

to know the basic

Hi, Good morning I want to install HP-Unix in my PC. I already have windows XP home edition in my PC. I do not want remove XP,But I need HP-Unix in the same system. Is it posssible? If it is what is the name and version of HP-Unix cd? Where can I get the CD to install. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandhini
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Basic - how do I?

How do I use ls and grep together to count a certain number of files in a directory? -Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secno
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic help

Hi , I need to know the difference between $((command)) and $(command) and $(($(command))). "" and '' and ``. I have tried searching the help files but cant able to find this. Could you let me knoq about any document. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Vs basic

There isn't much of a relation between 80's BASIC and today's BASIC. A lot of languages seem similar. The BASIC I worked with was Dartmouth or VSBASIC. Now existing as ATARI BASIC. PERL and JULIA look appealing, it would be nice if there where a program like VSBASIC. 80's... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: teak
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)