Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace word with using "sed" not work... Post 302108612 by uvrakesh on Tuesday 27th of February 2007 11:28:51 PM
Old 02-28-2007
sed not working

Hi,

Instead of changing F0<Number> to F<Number>
you can do a a replacement of FO with F
sed 's/FO/F/g' file.xml

if thats is not the requirement then we should be careful while using special characters

Regards,
Rakesh UV

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can "sed" substitute word on a specific line?

Hello experts, I know line number of the word I want to replace. Can "sed" substitute word on a specific line? As well, can sed substitute words inside a specific patten. ex. <word>lalala</word> #replace anything between <word> and </word> minifish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Part of a "Word", using AWK or SED????

I have been lurking on this forum for some time now and appreciate Everyone's help. I need to find a way to get the SystemID from this XML file. The file is much larger than just this one line but I can grep and get this line Printed. But really just need the "systemid". <test123: prefintem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting question - Search and replace the word after sign "="

Hi Guys, Req your help in searching and replacing the word that comes after equals(=) symbol I would like to replace the sting in bold with a string in variable. d=ABCDF8C44C22 # grep -i NIM_MASTERID ${_NIMINFO} export NIM_MASTERID=00CDF8C44C00 I'm looking to replace any word that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i replace a word ending with "key" using awk excpet for one word?

echo {mbr_key,grp_key,dep_key,abc,xyz,aaa,ccc} | awk 'gsub(/^|abc,|$/,"") {print}' Required output {grp_key,xyz,aaa,ccc} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add the word "prefix" to beginning of line using sed

SUSE linux bash shell this works test -d /tmpp && echo "directory exists" || echo "directory doesn't exists" |sed -e "s/^/prefix /" prefix directory doesn't exists but why doesn't this work? test -d /tmp && echo "directory exists" || echo "directory doesn't exists" |sed -e... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
3 Replies
std::basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits >::sentry(3cxx)					       std::basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits >::sentry(3cxx)

NAME
std::basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits >::sentry - SYNOPSIS
Public Member Functions sentry (basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits > &__os) ~sentry () operator bool () const Detailed Description template<typename _CharT, typename _Traits>class std::basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits >::sentry Performs setup work for output streams. Objects of this class are created before all of the standard inserters are run. It is responsible for exception-safe prefix and suffix operations. Definition at line 379 of file ostream. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation template<typename _CharT, typename _Traits> std::basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits >::sentry::sentry (basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits > &__os) [explicit] The constructor performs preparatory work. Parameters: os The output stream to guard. If the stream state is good (os.good() is true), then if the stream is tied to another output stream, is.tie()->flush() is called to synchronize the output sequences. If the stream state is still good, then the sentry state becomes true (okay). Definition at line 49 of file ostream.tcc. References std::ios_base::failbit, std::basic_ios< _CharT, _Traits >::good(), std::basic_ios< _CharT, _Traits >::setstate(), and std::basic_ios< _CharT, _Traits >::tie(). template<typename _CharT, typename _Traits> std::basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits >::sentry::~sentry () [inline] Possibly flushes the stream. If ios_base::unitbuf is set in os.flags(), and std::uncaught_exception() is true, the sentry destructor calls flush() on the output stream. Definition at line 407 of file ostream. References std::ios_base::badbit, std::uncaught_exception(), and std::ios_base::unitbuf. Member Function Documentation template<typename _CharT, typename _Traits> std::basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits >::sentry::operator bool () const [inline], [explicit] Quick status checking. Returns: The sentry state. For ease of use, sentries may be converted to booleans. The return value is that of the sentry state (true == okay). Definition at line 428 of file ostream. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Nov 27 2012 std::basic_ostream< _CharT, _Traits >::sentry(3cxx)