Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to Read config (.cfg) files using shell scripting Post 302108407 by matrixmadhan on Monday 26th of February 2007 08:46:06 AM
Old 02-26-2007
Not sure whether this would be of help ! Smilie

config_file

servername=abc
fielpath=/anotherdir

script

Code:
servername=`awk -F"=" '/^servername/ { print $2 }' config_file`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

why shell scripting takes more time to read a file

i have done a coding in shell scripting which reads a file line by line and does something....it takes more than 30 seconds to execute for a single file. when i do the same with perl scripting it takes less than a second. is that shell scripting is not efficient while working with large number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brkavi_in
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to config ks.cfg for install another progra.

i create ks.cfg for automatic install for centos 5.2 it's work perfectky for cutom install linux package. and i want to install another program with shell scripts (assume test.tar include in DVD linux custom package)** single dvd include linux os and test.tar sample #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how read the flat files from shell scripting

We are using sybase data base and we have the data base name called MasterDB. The data baase MasterDB contains 100's of tables like sample1, sample2, sample3...etc...sample100 To take the count of every table we have to execute the following commands use MasterDB //DB name go //execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shijoe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read the flat files from shell scripting

We are using sybase data base and we have the data base name called MasterDB. The data baase MasterDB contains 100's of tables like sample1, sample2, sample3...etc...sample100 To take the count of every table we have to execute the following commands use MasterDB //DB name go //execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shijoe
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with dynamic configure cfg files

hi; i have one configuration file(configuration.cfg),where contents are below.. filename = charge.cfg sectionname = networkid = 1 retrytimes = 2 ------------- -------------- sectionname = networkid = 1 retrytimes = 2 filename = xyz.cfg ------------------ ----------------- There is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayan
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for file read option in Unix shell scripting

Hi Friends, I would like to read all the record from one txt file to other file txt For example I have two txt file a.txt and b.txt. I need to read a.txt record by record and I need add the system date @ end of each record before moving it to b.txt. Could you please share the coding for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth124
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the best way to read config files?

(copied directly from my other thread about something else) At the moment, I just use... cat config_file|grep var_name|cut -d'=' -f2 ... which is fine for what I've been doing, but I'm not sure what to do when there are a variable number of entries and I want it go through them like a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjaaron
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to read multiple files at same time through UNIX scripting?

How to read multiple files at simultaneously? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka_M
1 Replies
override_config_file(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				     override_config_file(3alleg4)

NAME
override_config_file - Specifies a file containing config overrides. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void override_config_file(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Specifies a file containing config overrides. These settings will be used in addition to the parameters in the main config file, and where a variable is present in both files this version will take priority. This can be used by application programmers to override some of the config settings from their code, while still leaving the main config file free for the end user to customise. For example, you could spec- ify a particular sample frequency and IBK instrument file, but the user could still use an `allegro.cfg' file to specify the port settings and irq numbers. The override config file will not only take precedence when reading, but will also be used for storing values. When you are done with using the override config file, you can call override_config_file with a NULL parameter, so config data will be directly read from the current config file again. Note: The override file is completely independent from the current configuration. You can e.g. call set_config_file, and the override file will still be active. Also the flush_config_file function will only affect the current config file (which can be changed with set_con- fig_file), never the overriding one specified with this function. The modified override config is written back to disk whenever you call override_config_file. Example: override_config_file("my.cfg"); /* This will read from my.cfg, and if it doesn't find a * setting, will read from the current config file instead. */ language = get_config_string("system", "language", NULL); /* This will always write to my.cfg, no matter if the * settings is already present or not. */ set_config_string("system", "language", "RU"); /* This forces the changed setting to be written back to * disk. Else it is written back at the next call to * override_config_file, or when Allegro shuts down. */ override_config_file(NULL); Note that this function and override_config_data() are mutually exclusive, i.e. calling one will cancel the effects of the other. SEE ALSO
override_config_data(3alleg4), set_config_file(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 override_config_file(3alleg4)