Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to Read config (.cfg) files using shell scripting Post 302108323 by smallwonder on Monday 26th of February 2007 05:45:45 AM
Old 02-26-2007
Question How to Read config (.cfg) files using shell scripting

Hello Friends

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I have to write a script in which i have to read data from a configuration ( .cfg) file. And also i have to execute/call some already written scripts from this script.

Can you people plpease help me on this regards.

Thanks in Advance.

Manish

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

why shell scripting takes more time to read a file

i have done a coding in shell scripting which reads a file line by line and does something....it takes more than 30 seconds to execute for a single file. when i do the same with perl scripting it takes less than a second. is that shell scripting is not efficient while working with large number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brkavi_in
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to config ks.cfg for install another progra.

i create ks.cfg for automatic install for centos 5.2 it's work perfectky for cutom install linux package. and i want to install another program with shell scripts (assume test.tar include in DVD linux custom package)** single dvd include linux os and test.tar sample #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how read the flat files from shell scripting

We are using sybase data base and we have the data base name called MasterDB. The data baase MasterDB contains 100's of tables like sample1, sample2, sample3...etc...sample100 To take the count of every table we have to execute the following commands use MasterDB //DB name go //execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shijoe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read the flat files from shell scripting

We are using sybase data base and we have the data base name called MasterDB. The data baase MasterDB contains 100's of tables like sample1, sample2, sample3...etc...sample100 To take the count of every table we have to execute the following commands use MasterDB //DB name go //execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shijoe
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with dynamic configure cfg files

hi; i have one configuration file(configuration.cfg),where contents are below.. filename = charge.cfg sectionname = networkid = 1 retrytimes = 2 ------------- -------------- sectionname = networkid = 1 retrytimes = 2 filename = xyz.cfg ------------------ ----------------- There is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayan
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for file read option in Unix shell scripting

Hi Friends, I would like to read all the record from one txt file to other file txt For example I have two txt file a.txt and b.txt. I need to read a.txt record by record and I need add the system date @ end of each record before moving it to b.txt. Could you please share the coding for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth124
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the best way to read config files?

(copied directly from my other thread about something else) At the moment, I just use... cat config_file|grep var_name|cut -d'=' -f2 ... which is fine for what I've been doing, but I'm not sure what to do when there are a variable number of entries and I want it go through them like a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjaaron
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to read multiple files at same time through UNIX scripting?

How to read multiple files at simultaneously? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka_M
1 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)