Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identifying same character and ouput the sum Post 302108304 by Raynon on Monday 26th of February 2007 04:17:40 AM
Old 02-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygor
Try...
Code:
nawk '{a[$1]+=$3}END{for(x in a)print x, a[x]}' Input > Output

Hi Ygor,

Can i assign a variable to the output of a[x]? Lets say NUM = a[x] and print NUM instead ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the ouput!

Hi, my perl script is calling another external java program. The Java in turn prints out a string. how can I capture the string. ------------------ #!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type:text/html\n\n"; use CGI; $query = new CGI; $theCookie = $query->cookie('someCookie'); $user =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Wrong Ouput when using printf under SFU

I used printf to print the following under SFU, lrs=`cat lrs` hrs=`cat hrs` tp=`cat tp` printf “\n\n%5sM = $lrs Ohms%5sX = $hrs Ohms%5sT = $tp %%\n\n\n” > file cat file With the above script, I used %% after $tp only as a percentage sign and I get only the following output: % T =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot redirect ouput?????

Hello experts, I'm testing a program that prints error message to the screen. I want to redirect the output to a file using >. but the message only prints on screen and not writing to the file, Any suggestion on what I might try? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding string and getting formatted ouput

I have follwoing text file as alarm dump. A1/EXT "B25I11K0150_F W" 512 090629 1121 RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION BTS EXTERNAL FAULT MO RSITE CLASS RXOCF-405 DKRD01_INDS 1 EXTERNAL ALARM MAINS FAIL ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalchand
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print sum and relative value of the sum

Hi i data looks like this: student 1 Subject1 45 55 Subject2 44 55 Subject3 33 44 // student 2 Subject1 45 55 Subject2 44 55 Subject3 33 44 i would like to sum $2, $3 (marks) and divide each entry in $2 and $3 with their respective sums and print for each student as $4 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

View ouput as a file

Hi all , I have a view in teradata , the ouput of that view have to be stored as a file with delimitere as '|'.Is there any possibility of doing this in unix ? Thanks in advance , Vinoth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Ouput

I have this input file Switch 0; Sun Sep 11 12:40:53 2011 EDT (GMT+4:00) 12:40:53.159984 SCN Port Offline;g=0x1e4b6 A2,P0 A2,P0 379 NA 12:40:53.159991 *Removing all nodes from port A2,P0 A2,P0 379 NA 18:45:31.326604 Port Elp engaged ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greycells
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse ouput within an AWK Command

I have a script that I am writing to parse the output of information from a command. Here is one of the lines of the output exported into the variable OUTPUT: export OUTPUT=”name_of_system,0,5,9,55,ip_address,another_value,/PATH/OF/A/VALUE/I/NEED" I can get the output I need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake0391S
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< Filter and Format the ouput >>

Hi All, I have a output like below $ cat aa.lst Value of output parameters --------------------------------------- Parameter Name : SNAPSHOTTIMESTAMP Parameter Value : 2014-01-07-15.21.50.022423 Parameter Name : DATABASESIZE Parameter Value : 96178176 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ouput not in file2 using awk?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to ouput the file which is not match in file 1 and file 2 using awk. I tried NR=FNR but it's not working, it will only show the match record. Ex. File1 abc def ghi File2 23a gd abc Output: abc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
2 Replies
NEATEN(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NEATEN(1)

NAME
neaten - neaten up output columns SYNOPSIS
neaten [ format ] DESCRIPTION
Neaten reads from its standard input and neatens up columns separated by white space using the specified format. The format is a string consisting of a positive integer followed by an alignment character and another integer. The alignment character is usually a decimal point ('.'), but it can be any non-digit. The alignment character is used as the central point of each column. The total column field width will be the number to the left of the alignment character plus one for the alignment character itself plus the number to the right of the alignment character. If a field does not contain the alignment character, it will be printed to the left of where the alignment character would have appeared. If a field is too long to print within the specified format, the entire field will be printed and that row will not be aligned with the rest. The default format is "8.8". EXAMPLE
To examine a file with columns of numbers: neaten 10.8 < input | more BUGS
Columns wider than the total width of the format specification will be printed without any separating white space. The program does not do anything special with tabs on the input. AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
cnt(1), rcalc(1), rlam(1), total(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 NEATEN(1)